PDA

View Full Version : starting out

donna c
07-02-2013, 04:55 PM
Before I start childminding what types of resources and equipment, toys do I need. I have two kids of my own girl who 5 and boy whos 8 so already got loads of older boys toys and young girls toys. Didnt know if there was anythinv else you needed

sprinkles
07-02-2013, 07:09 PM
I wouldn't buy anything until you know how old the little ones will be. You will need to think about safety equipment as well though.

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I have 2 young boys and so have only got boys toys upto around the age of 4. I made sure that I had all of my safety equipment and art and craft resources and told OFSTED that when I know the age and gender of the children I am going to be minding I will get more toys based on that. They were happy with that and that was 2 weeks ago :D

Goldilocks
09-02-2013, 01:47 PM
I am just starting out too! I have been nannying but now becoming a childminder. I have no children yet so didn't have any toys or anything for children. I have bought a few toys at car boots, nearly new sales etc but not to many. Was told to wait and see what ages you have first. Ofsted will be fine with this as long as you can tell them what kinds of toys you plan to get etc. Also as sprinkles said it is more about the safety things in your home and and all your risk assessments, files etc. Good luck :-)