PDA

View Full Version : Should I do a private CRB?

carrieboo
26-06-2008, 04:39 PM
A lot of the pre-reg trouble seams to involve the crb wait. So I was wondering whether it was worth my while getting my own crb done now by a private company? I figured this way by the time I do the course in september the crb will be complete and I will be able to get on and register. I get the impression from that if there is already a crb in place they are happy to accept it - is that the case?

Sorry if this has already been adressed, I could not find it any where!

Thanks

Caroline

sarah707
26-06-2008, 05:01 PM
No, don't waste your money.

You can have 5 CRBs and Ofsted will still apply for another one for childminding ...

Sorry! :(

SimplyLucy
26-06-2008, 05:34 PM
No, don't waste your money.

You can have 5 CRBs and Ofsted will still apply for another one for childminding ...

Sorry! :(

I never had a new CRB last year when I registered. The OFSTED inspector accepted the Girl Guiding one I'd had done for Rainbows a few months before hand. Told me it wasn't worth getting another done.

Different inspector took my sisters CRB that she had for swimming teaching. That was a couple of years old.

Both inspectors said that all this getting new CRB's for everything is what causes the hold ups.

As for getting a private one done I don't know.

tulip0803
26-06-2008, 05:38 PM
I think it depends on areas. In Wales they do one even if you have just had one back.

Even if you got one started now you cannot guarantee that they will accpet it or that it will be back by September some take many months.

Pudding Girl
26-06-2008, 06:50 PM
In my area ( Scotland) you need another enhanced disclosure doing even if only just had one, someone on our pre reg was a Guider and had hers updated a few weeks before, but they still put her another in.

Even if you did/could put one through yourself, if the hold ups are there, it'll be held up anyway, it's the same bunch of people it'll go to anyway

carrieboo
26-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the replys. My thought behind it was if I wait untill Ofstead do it at the end of my training (nov) it may not be back until April (we have moved counties 3 times in last 5 years), but if I use an umbrella company now it should be back by christmas which is prob when I could be registered.

carrieboo
26-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I come under Wilts county council - does anyone have experience of this area?

Pedagog
26-06-2008, 10:30 PM
My last CRB took just 5 weeks and I have moved several times.

I'm in two minds whether to do a new CRB myself now, or wait.

carrieboo
27-06-2008, 05:58 AM
Hi Charlotte,

The replys seem inconclusive so I can not make my mind up. I would be so cross with my self if I could of sped things up by doing it now but at the same time I do not want to waste my money.

I really need to start earning a salary, but with 3 little ones there is not really anything else I can do (I already do Avon) in the mean time and the prospect of waiting untill April is mad.

Caroline

sarah707
27-06-2008, 06:11 AM
I suggest you ring Ofsted for clarification

08456 404040

angeldelight
27-06-2008, 06:51 AM
My daughter already had one because she worked in a nursery

Yet when she registered to be a childminder they made sure she did another

Unsure why seemed a waste of time to me because they were both the same

Angel xx

ruby
27-06-2008, 08:44 AM
i have 3 crb care work, guiding and childminder

i have just had the childminder one renewed which i am glad to say CssIW
paid for as we all needed to be done £150.00 ish.

i can't see why they can't just have one for everything

cathy

littlesprogs
27-06-2008, 09:01 AM
Its because CRB's are only valid for the day they are issued because the next day you could go out and commit a major crime but you would still have a clear CRB iyswim. Thats why they make you have another for childminding.

aly
27-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Hi Charlotte,

The replys seem inconclusive so I can not make my mind up. I would be so cross with my self if I could of sped things up by doing it now but at the same time I do not want to waste my money.

I really need to start earning a salary, but with 3 little ones there is not really anything else I can do (I already do Avon) in the mean time and the prospect of waiting untill April is mad.

Caroline

As Satah said, ring ofsted. If you are unsure because of your area, it's better to ask. I too have been told on my icp that you need a new one each time.