PDA

View Full Version : for goodness sake!

mushpea
07-02-2013, 12:17 PM
Last week a parent insisted she put a pink vest in her child's bag for me to change her in to after dinner along with her pjs, there was actually a purple vest but parent txt saying the one she has on was the one she had been wearing all day, I txt back explaining I had taken a purple one off and out a clean purple one on but no apparently I was wrong and her vest is at mine somwhere, she came today but didn't say anything about the vest but in the diary she has listed all the cloths she's put in her bag !!!

Ripeberry
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
That would drive me bonkers! :(

nipper
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
only child?

mazza58
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
are vests now becoming like socks being eaten by washing machines :laughing:. If this is the way she wants to be maybe as she goes get the clothes out and tick them in the diary to say they are all there , but like you say for goodness sake

Cottonsocks
07-02-2013, 12:31 PM
only child?

Must be!! For goodness sake!

mushpea
07-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Yes she is, I was mad when I first saw it and wanted to tell her if she font trust me with her daughters cloths should she trust me with her daughter but I think I will just totally ignore it although I am tempted to tick each item in the diary lol

rosebud
07-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Yes she is, I was mad when I first saw it and wanted to tell her if she font trust me with her daughters cloths should she trust me with her daughter but I think I will just totally ignore it although I am tempted to tick each item in the diary lol

Ha ha, Yes I think you should tick them.

harleyrider
07-02-2013, 01:38 PM
Ha ha, Yes I think you should tick them.

I agree. Tick them off in front of her on arriving and leaving!!!

Lilylulu
07-02-2013, 01:59 PM
one of our parents puts a list of all the foods/snacks in childs lunch box...in the order they should be eaten. The only child who brings any extra snacks ....we have home cooked food included. Not quite sure why it's necessary.

SandCastles
07-02-2013, 02:15 PM
That would really annoy me and I'd probably put columns on the list - CHECKED and WEARING and MUCKY and tick each one, to say that I took the item out to check its there, what she is wearing and any that are in need of washing.
Then I'd have a quite word to suggest that the list is not needed and time consuming. ha ha
or
think about doing the above but in the end I'd probably just ignore it and not say anything (life's too short)

acorns
07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
I have one like this. the lo apparently only seems to have 1 of everything, and Mum has to call back if her dummy/sock/glove has been left behind. Drives me nuts & glad I only have her once a week

mushpea
07-02-2013, 09:08 PM
my friend said I should have added on the end ' 1 child' lol,,, i ignored it in the end and she didnt say anything on collection,, ho hum just another awkard parent,

pipandbaz
07-02-2013, 09:34 PM
For goodness sake, wait until she starts school and even worse secondary school poor child gonna have a tick list

Tealady
07-02-2013, 10:01 PM
How long have you had her? When my mindee started he had an inventory in his bag that gets left here all week. Each week I'd get a new inventory. It lasted 6 weeks then I think Mum couldn't be bothered. He has dribble bibs and I used to get texts at weekend asking if I had a blue one or the yellow one. That stopped after they kept showing up in Dad's pant drawer.

I think some Mum's feel that it's away of keeping control as the LO's are not under there supervision all the time. Once the arrangement has bedded down they become more relaxed about the little things

mushpea
07-02-2013, 10:14 PM
How long have you had her? When my mindee started he had an inventory in his bag that gets left here all week. Each week I'd get a new inventory. It lasted 6 weeks then I think Mum couldn't be bothered. He has dribble bibs and I used to get texts at weekend asking if I had a blue one or the yellow one. That stopped after they kept showing up in Dad's pant drawer.

I think some Mum's feel that it's away of keeping control as the LO's are not under there supervision all the time. Once the arrangement has bedded down they become more relaxed about the little things
been coming since november last year and today was the first check list, comes twice a week and there is always somthing i dont get right like nap time , today she slept 12.30pm yet routine is 11.30am so that will be wrong, up unitll today it all came accross as an over protective mum who just wants the right thing for her child now that I can understand and relate to but today went to a whole new leval, she trusts me with her child so you would think she could trust me with the belongings.
I think I will just ride the storm and see where it goes,

mum24
07-02-2013, 10:18 PM
I have one like this. the lo apparently only seems to have 1 of everything, and Mum has to call back if her dummy/sock/glove has been left behind. Drives me nuts & glad I only have her once a week

I had one like this, and they had plenty of money, so wasn't a case of only having one of everything. Some days I was taking the cushions off the furniture to find a blooming hair clip:laughing::laughing:

ivy
07-02-2013, 10:19 PM
that would send me mad , i don't have time for people like that . I have got better things to be doing with my time than looking after vests and changing them for afternoon naps .

mushpea
07-02-2013, 10:21 PM
that would send me mad , i don't have time for people like that . I have got better things to be doing with my time than looking after vests and changing them for afternoon naps .

not changing for afternoon naps , changing for bed time she's contracted till 8pm so she has her last bottle here then goes home all ready for bed.