PDA

View Full Version : sorry another Q about rising 5's!!!!

kindredspirits
26-06-2008, 02:56 PM
:confused: i don't get it - i know there are no concrete answers yet BUT if for arguments sake i sign 5 contracts in the next week, 2 for under 5's full time, and say 3 after schoolers who are 4/5 but in school..... can ofsted do anything about signed contracts in this case?????? i don't want to think i'm sorted for september throwing other work away and find out that i'll be over numbers and have to give notice????????help!!!!!!

sarah707
26-06-2008, 05:16 PM
You can sign up whatever ages you like just now and hope that ...

1. It's all sorted between now and September or ...

2. When you apply for a variation on the grounds of continuity of care, it's okayed.

If not, obviously you would have to give up one of the after schoolers ...

Hope this helps :D

kindredspirits
26-06-2008, 07:56 PM
thanks sarah - i've decided to dig my head in the sand and hope that they sort it all out and nothing changes!!! :laughing:

nannan
26-06-2008, 08:00 PM
as Sarah has said you can sign up what ever you fancy and sorry to be the bearer of bad newsbut word has it that while the children are counted as five during school time when the holidays arrive they revert back to under five, this was bought up in the last week.

miffy
26-06-2008, 08:07 PM
thanks sarah - i've decided to dig my head in the sand and hope that they sort it all out and nothing changes!!! :laughing:

Hey you can join me! There's plenty of room in the sand :D

miffy xx

kindredspirits
26-06-2008, 08:37 PM
:D hehehe i'm usually in the sea so the sand makes a nice change!!!! :laughing:
(in case i haven't mentioned it before my number 1 hobby is surfing - otherwise my first sentance makes little sense!)

sarah707
26-06-2008, 09:01 PM
Isn't surfing a bit chilly?? :eek:

kindredspirits
26-06-2008, 09:10 PM
yes but you harden to it - and i've got a good wetsuit. when i first started i would shiver for hours after i got out in the winter. thats where my LO gets it from, at 14 months old he was crying because i wouldn't let him walk into huge waves (well for him) and he could only play in the shallows!