PDA

View Full Version : Car Seats that fit in an 04 Zafira with no isofix for three littlies - Britax etc

helliegall
06-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before but couldn't find exactly what I need. I need to replace my Britax Eclipse car seats as they are on their last legs for my Zafira and have two 2.5 yr olds and a 14month old. I want to change as I have never totally been happy with models I use - not necessarily the brand. I like the Evolva as its easy to pop kids in and out but on the the Britax website it has risk all over it! I am not sure if its them covering themselves but wondered what other people use. I have a Nania high back booster but not really happy with that either - do you all know what I mean?? It is a minefield!

Thanks

Helen

Tazmin68
06-02-2013, 05:15 PM
I have an eclipse and the evolva123 which I use in my 07 zaf. I would guess that britax are just covering their back. I also have a britax trio which is now no longer made. I just love britax and get them to fit well in car.

helliegall
06-02-2013, 07:21 PM
thanks for this I love Britax too! ;)

Helen

helliegall
06-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Hi update = have just ordered a Britax Prince from Kiddicare to try out in the car having found several posts come up when I googled Britax and Zafira :)

Thanks will let you know how I go on!

Helen

AliceK
06-02-2013, 08:45 PM
Hi update = have just ordered a Britax Prince from Kiddicare to try out in the car having found several posts come up when I googled Britax and Zafira :)

Thanks will let you know how I go on!

Helen

I have a Btitax Prince and it fits just fine in my Zafira. I also have 2 of the Kiddy Infinity Pro's. I love them :thumbsup:

xx

tulip0803
06-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I have the Britax Prince in my Zafira too. Fits fine and is nice and slim so can also get 2 larges highback boosters with 5 points harness next to it (sorry no idea of make and too cold to go out and look now:p)

Belly2009
06-02-2013, 10:42 PM
Hi,

I have a zafira and was looking to buy two evolcas. What do u mean they have risk all over it,

helliegall
07-02-2013, 06:51 AM
I mean when I put the Evolva on the Fitcheck for Britax earlier in the year they had a yellow circle for risk when fitting. I tried to do it yesterday but couldn't load it! Some people on here do have Evolvas in a Zafira so I am sure it is Britax being non committal and I also read old posts about Zafira's having differing seat belt lengths making fitting car seats difficult at times so I think the best bet for you is to go somewhere they can try one in the car. Sorry if I have panicked you....

Helen :eek:

helliegall
07-02-2013, 06:54 AM
I have the Britax Prince in my Zafira too. Fits fine and is nice and slim so can also get 2 larges highback boosters with 5 points harness next to it (sorry no idea of make and too cold to go out and look now:p)

Thanks - one of the littlies does not like the high back booster I have for her - think she likes feeling cocooned and I am not totally satisfied with its fit as it is so fiddly to fix in and out. I am hoping I can just put three princes in the back in a row as I don't have older children who need boosters - or on rare occasion I do - I can get the ones out that just sit on the seat.

Make sense - do you think three princes (sounds like a song!! ) will fit in back - just ordered one to see if I can work it out!

Helen x

tulip0803
07-02-2013, 09:18 AM
I only have the one at the moment as I only have one little one and 2 nearly 4s at a time. I will measure it and the two boosters later and let you know. They are nice and light too for hefting in and out of the car.

helliegall
07-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks Tulip - what I hate about this job is the car seats and humping them about!! :(

Love most of the rest of it tho!

Helen x

helliegall
27-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Hi there

I have the Britax Prince in the Zafira now and it is great and will be buying another in April. It is slimmer on the bottom than the eclipes and clamps are easier to use too.

Great buy!

Helen