PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone...need advice please :)

danielle1988
06-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Hiya everyone,
Iv completed my pre-registration childminding course but my home based childcare course isnt until april. Im aiming to get set up by june latest if possible. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do to prepare myself with setting up. I know ofsted will have to come and inspect once iv completed the course but im wandering what i could do to hurry the process along eg paperwork. Also once iv passed the training does anyone know how long it takes to be registered with ofsted?
Thanks in advance x

tulip0803
06-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I am in Wales so can't help with OFSTED but I will bump your post so that someone can help you:thumbsup:

Good luck

Kiddleywinks
07-02-2013, 05:57 AM
My information may not a. Help, or b. Be relative anymore as the registration process changed in September

I registered through the LA, so didn't apply to Ofsted till I had completed the home based course, which itself took 12 weeks (one evening a week)
Paediatric course took another 2 weeks
At that point I was given the ofsted forms, CRB (as was) form and health declaration form
CRB check took 14 weeks! and it was once they'd been received back that I got my pre reg visit, 6 weeks later
The certificate should then take 5 -10 days to arrive

Course started in the April, finally registered by Dec, so 8 months start to finish

I was under the impression that your course has to be completed before you get the health declaration and CRB check (now known as DRB), but if you can get them started that would probably be a big help.

Good luck

shortstuff
07-02-2013, 06:18 AM
How are you completing the CYPOP course? Is it by attending a venue? Or on the internet at home? If its at home you control how fast you complete it. If its at a venue the timescale, obviously is set for you. This can have an impact. I had the crb check going through while i completed the course and the medical declaration.
This took me from March till November, while working full time and juggled my family.

Why the deadline for you?

CLL
07-02-2013, 09:52 AM
I started my course in September, then applied online to Ofsted at the end of October. You do not have to have completed the course but you do need to state when you will be finished and the date you will do your first aid training. When Ofsted call to arrange a visit they check you have completed both. My course finished in December and Ofsted were still waiting on my CRB as it takes ages. They called me New Year's Eve to arrange a visit and they were out on the 6th, got certificate a week later. All in all 3 and a half months. If you wait till you have finished before applying it will take ages and it is not necessary to wait.

danielle1988
07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Thanks everyone. Iv got my first aid course in march and my home based childcare training in april. Im not exactly in a major rush to get started but have people enquiring already. I thought while iv got over a month to spare aswell as getting the house ready i wandered if theres anything i can do to help speed up the process after my training...eg consent forms, any sort of paper work?!

danielle1988
07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Forgot to mention my course is a 3 day course at a venue with clearview training

sarah707
07-02-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm afraid nobody can give you a definite answer because it varies depending on where you live, how quickly your medical check goes through, how quickly your DBS (formerly known as CRB) check takes, how quickly Ofsted come to check you...

Normally 3 - 6 months but some do take much longer - and others are quicker.

Hopefully yours will go smoothly :D