PDA

View Full Version : Using a taxi...

MillyRoberts
06-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Simple question...

Can childminders use taxis? Do they have to have child seats (youngest would be 12 months). I dont own a car and have to walk to school with a double buggy to collect older children. i am currently being told by parents that I can't call "snow day"... I should just get a taxi. I told them I don't have seats and they said its fine in a taxi...!! This seems ridiculous to me? I see people in taxis with small children on their laps all the time - I don't believe it's right but surely even more wrong to do it as a childminder when the children aren't even your own!

FussyElmo
06-02-2013, 12:24 PM
You do not have to have car seats in a taxi. Who would have them to put in and where would you put them when you got to where you are going.

I do believe some taxi companies may have them but I have not come across one yet.

I would not ever put children in a taxi when it was snowing - end of discussion no neogiation. What would you do when you got the children to school ridiculous.

Tell them its safer to walk. Are the parents complianing that you didnt do the school run when it was bad?

Give them a copy of your weather policy and smile nicely :D

mrs robbie williams
06-02-2013, 12:56 PM
i used a taxi once in an emergency had 18m with me and my mum was rushed into hospital so i had to get there asap - quickly rang lo's mum and explained and she said no prob just get in taxi and go so i did but i didnt feel comfortable travelling with lo on my lap but i couldnt cart a full sized car seat around the hospital with me as didnt know what was going on, spoke to taxi driver and he said they were exempt from car seats but it didnt sit right with me and i would only ever do it again in such an emergency - as for snow days if you dont feel safe walking other peoples children to school in bad weather then i would close

AliceK
06-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Simple question...

Can childminders use taxis? Do they have to have child seats (youngest would be 12 months). I dont own a car and have to walk to school with a double buggy to collect older children. i am currently being told by parents that I can't call "snow day"... I should just get a taxi. I told them I don't have seats and they said its fine in a taxi...!! This seems ridiculous to me? I see people in taxis with small children on their laps all the time - I don't believe it's right but surely even more wrong to do it as a childminder when the children aren't even your own!

I'm sorry, your parents are dictating to you what you can and can't do?? You are your own boss. You decide what you do and if you decide not to do it then too bad. They can't tell you you should get a taxi. Bloomin cheek of it :angry:

xxx

dette
06-02-2013, 01:11 PM
are they planning on paying for the taxi !!!

TAZ
06-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Surely it's safer to walk than go in a taxi if there's lots of snow. :panic: