PDA

View Full Version : rant cause I am fuming!

mushpea
06-02-2013, 11:57 AM
I am so mad, last week the council came out and inspected my kitchen, he said 3 things needed doing, one was to tile over a unused empty plug socket not , 2nd was to take of an unused air vent and third was to redo the stuff that patches the sink to the wall , cantremember what its called anyway all simple things that I am happy to do, today I get a letter stating these jobs which is fine but then he goes on to say that all though not a legal requitemnt I should have a cleaning schedual,, now this is in the front of the folder I gave him when he first arrived, he then states that I need to state my cleaning products and what they are used for, i showed him them and told him what I used them for, he then says I need to state saftey prodecures! I showed him my cloured chopping boards, told him I only shop to a menu so there is generealy no food going off, told him I clean out my fridge every week wipe it down and re stock, told him my floors are steam mopped every morning, showed him the stairgate to stop children getting in the kitchen area , what more doe s he want,, I am fuming, I have just tried ringing but hes out so hopefully will ring me back today if not he will get a very stroppy email.
last time they came they tore me apart and told me I needed a new celing and cupboard doors¬!!!! I stuck to my guns and refused, this is my home not a ****** cafe
grrr rant over, sorry folks

nipper
06-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Wow, how extreme. I can see your point!:angry:

TAZ
06-02-2013, 12:09 PM
I don't think they really understand that this is childminding!!!!! This is our home & as you say, NOT a cafe.:angry:

Mine asked me how I kept animals out of the kitchen (we were sitting at the kitchen table, cat water bowl was on the floor & catflap in the back door. My reply "Obviously I do not,this is my home & we have cats!"

I would definatly phone or write pointing out that you already have these things in place and they were available to him at the time of the inspection.

Ripeberry
06-02-2013, 12:39 PM
Speak to HIS superior. He does not have a clue. In our county ALL CMs are exempt from being checked. We just have to complete a form. Stupid that some counties make you go through a full inspection. :(

mushpea
06-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Where did you get this info Ripberry?, all childminders in our area are inspected, is there a docment or somthing that says this that I can show them?

FussyElmo
06-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Where did you get this info Ripberry?, all childminders in our area are inspected, is there a docment or somthing that says this that I can show them?

If your area has decided that cms have to be inspected showing them info about another LA isnt going to change the inspections.

Our LA says we do but to be honest nothing as exterme as yours :thumbsup:

jackie 7
06-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I was inspected in Brent who are very hot on it. Really nice lady. She understood that it was my home. Only thing she didn't like was wooden work surfaces. She demonstrated how to use temp probe. Never asked what cleaning products I used but mentioned the Dettol spray visible. Never asked about cleaning schedule I even showd her the mouse bait boxes. Was happy with all. Here I rang them told her all I had done hygiene course. Said gill in the form and we are very happy wont visit.

rickysmiths
06-02-2013, 01:38 PM
No Jackie Herts don't seem to visit many cms. I am in Three Rivers area and the poor Environmental Health guy nearly had a heart attack when we were all told to register! His work load more than doubled overnight but his staff did not. At the beginning they inspected 2 or three out of 50ish of us in Rickmansworth and as far as I am aware there have been no inspections since then and that was 4 years ago!