PDA

View Full Version : Dribbling, when can it be addressed?

gegele
06-02-2013, 11:49 AM
hello, as I have a 19months old who has always been a dribbler but how long before it becomes an issue that can be refer to someone?

The kid has raw skin in neck and around mouth with the dribbling as it aggravates his eczema, and it dribbles on the toys, the floor... you walk bare feet and suddenly you feel the wet:( you sit to play with them and suddenly your hands is in a dribbly bit... it's not nice for anyone around!!!
surely that much dribble can't be right, would it be a swollowing thing? but he eats fine and drinks without problem...:(

I don't like dribble :(

vickylou
06-02-2013, 12:14 PM
My ds & ds both dribbled until they had their afenoids removed at 3. Both had constant ear infections, dribbled constantly ds even got impetigo on his chin at one point. It can also just be teething, may be a word with mum to get her to check with doc there are no underlying issues. Unfortunately some children just dribble.

jillplum
06-02-2013, 02:16 PM
I have a 28 month old who dribbles all the time too. He eats and drinks fine but his speech is unclear. Dont think I would worry till hes 3 maybe.

helena_j
06-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Have looked after several children that dribbled and speech therapist was recommended for one, however at the appointment they were not overly concerned but did encourage to ask child to dab own chin dry with tissue instead of doing it for him to make them aware and try and control it. Have used this technique with him and another child since and it does seem to help.

gegele
07-02-2013, 09:16 AM
thank you ladies,