PDA

View Full Version : maple syruo

foxy lady
26-06-2008, 01:18 PM
hi did any of you see that program on last night about the maple strup diet?
i have just ordered a bottle it says i could loose a stone in 2 weeks!
just liquids for 10 days tho. i have got 3 stone i want to loose so lets hope it works,

avril
26-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Be careful fast weight loss is not always healthy and a stone in 2wks is an awful lot very fast.:eek:

Banana
26-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Dont do it!

As soon as you start eating again your body holds on to every carb and ounce of fat you consume because you have starved it. Its a very dangerous diet to do, I really would urge you not to do it.

xxx

Annie_T
26-06-2008, 01:25 PM
cant say i did hun sorry but good luck let us know how it goes for you x

ajs
26-06-2008, 03:04 PM
hi did any of you see that program on last night about the maple strup diet?
i have just ordered a bottle it says i could loose a stone in 2 weeks!
just liquids for 10 days tho. i have got 3 stone i want to loose so lets hope it works,

i saw it and the whole point of the programme was that faddy diets may work in the short term but they are neither healthy nor efficient at keeping the weight off.
if you decide to do it enter with caution and be sensible

FizzysFriends
26-06-2008, 03:08 PM
I didn't see it, I think I saw a section on it on the weight loss forum I read.

Blaze
26-06-2008, 03:15 PM
i saw it and the whole point of the programme was that faddy diets may work in the short term but they are neither healthy nor efficient at keeping the weight off.
if you decide to do it enter with caution and be sensible

The natalie cassidy one? It was as above & they featured it to show how very dangerous it was...can't see how you'd be able to look after the kiddies on this diet...let alone function for yourself...please be careful!

foxy lady
26-06-2008, 04:05 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm good point
gunna try it and see
if i start to feel ill or anything ill stop want to give it a try tho,

miffy
26-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Not sure I could exist on maple syrup anyway.

I think it's a lot to lose in such a short space of time and I'm not sure how you would keep the weight off once you start eating again.

miffy xx

Blaze
26-06-2008, 04:27 PM
Not sure I could exist on maple syrup anyway.

I think it's a lot to lose in such a short space of time and I'm not sure how you would keep the weight off once you start eating again.

miffy xx

You don't!:rolleyes: In fact you actually put on weight as you mess with your metabolism!:eek:

foxy lady
26-06-2008, 04:37 PM
take a look at this. it sounds really good and has lots of other benifits it says
AKA Maple Syrup Diet - It's how Beyonce lost 22lbs in just 14days

A safe and natural detox with no preservatives or chemical processes. The Lemon Detox - sometimes referred to by the media as the Maple Syrup Detox - allows the body to cleanse itself naturally of accumulated toxins and helps the body to normalise its weight.

The body has miraculous powers to cleanse itself. Unfortunately much of what we consume in the western world has limited nutritional value. Numerous chemicals and toxins are introduced into environment everyday and find their way into our bodies through the air we breathe, the water we drink and the food we eat. The Lemon Detox lets the body cleanse itself naturally while you take a break from solid food.

The Lemon Detox has helped tens of thousands of people. Over half a million litres of the Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup, used in the lemon detox, are now sold in 33 countries each year.

People who have completed the Lemon Detox programme frequently report a wide variety of benefits including:

• Cleansing the body of toxins
• Weight loss if overweight
• Greater resistance to illness
• Stronger willpower and determination
• Improved concentration and clarity of thought

• Increased energy and vitality
• Clearer skin and eyes
• Shinier hair and stronger nails
• Happier, more positive outlook
• Greater sense of inner peace

Originally introduced more than 30 years ago by the naturopath Stanley Burroughs, and later developed in Switzerland, it is now practised in over 30 countries across Europe, Asia and America, the Lemon Detox is a holistic approach to long-term health.

Please note this is a detox not a diet. We recommend that you consult a practitioner if you have any concerns about excessive weight loss.

The Lemon Detox Diet is a drink consisting of pure water, fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper or ground ginger and Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup. Whenever you get hungry simply mix a glass of the drink.

The Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup consists of four different South East Asian palm syrups and prime quality Canadian grade maple syrup.

The Detox Drink

To make one glass of Natural Tree Syrup and Lemon Drink take

Two small tablespoons (or 20 ml) of Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup.

Two tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice (about half a lemon). Use fresh lemons, not lemon drink or concentrate.

Half a pinch of cayenne pepper or ginger (adjust to taste).

what do you think?

ajs
26-06-2008, 04:40 PM
sorry do not be suckered in by the advert.

your choice obviously but i would be very wary, especially as you still need to live your life, unless you're as rich as beyonce and can just do nothing for two weeks

miffy
26-06-2008, 04:40 PM
It doesn't tell you what happens afterwards :(

Surely you will just put the weight back on?

miffy xx

Blaze
26-06-2008, 04:44 PM
You do just put the weight on & Beonce's agent was contacted & she didn't do the diet!...Did you not watch the full pogramme foxy...you seem to have seen all the wrong bits & got a skewed picture!:rolleyes: I would steer well clear!:)