PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Hike!

Kiddleywinks
06-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Well, it's that time again. Time to renew my car insurance :(

I went with MM last year, changed my car in December, premiums went down as a result (Bonus!) by £20 a month.
Felt reasonably confident as I opened my renewal proposal from them yesterday, then nearly fell over!

Premiums had gone up by £40 A MONTH!! say WHAT?! I don't bloomin think so!

Went on to a couple of comparison sites, input for business use etc, and got several quotes back considerably cheaper.

Rang MM armed with the information of the new quotes, and happy to say they were able to price match.

Lesson is: Don't take the first quote given!

mazza58
06-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Its amazing that when any insurance quotes come in they are always higher than before, I like you hate it so you sit on the internet and find cheaper ones up ring your insurer up and tell them you have found one cheaper with the conditions and they say oh we can price match, amazing , as you say never take the first quote always compare other insurers. even my cable tv company I have ended up with a cheaper deal than the year before just by ringing up and questioning the price :rolleyes:

jillplum
06-02-2013, 01:43 PM
Well I am pleased to say I had the opposite this year. My renewal quote was half what it was last year! It is because my son has a years experience driving and is now 19. Result. :clapping::clapping: