PDA

View Full Version : So sorry - another variation question!

cockatoos
05-02-2013, 08:04 PM
So sorry to bore you with the variation stuff again - got an enquiry for a child 9-4 which will overlap with my nursery pick up by 1 hour (pick up at 3). Other 2 under 5 spaces currently filled. Is there really no way I can do this? I'm pretty sure that with the old system, people rang ofsted to sort out a situation like this. It's only for 5 weeks, 1 day per week until my husband starts working with me as my assistant. I know I can physically do it as the nursery child is almost 4 and really no problem at all, and will be in my 6 under 8 at all times. I am happy to risk assess and let parents know etc.

crazysally
05-02-2013, 08:16 PM
Even under the old system you would not have been able to get a variation for this as this is new business. The variation would be in place for siblings or existing mindees, extending hours for example.

cockatoos
05-02-2013, 08:22 PM
Aha! That makes more sense then - I thought you could get a variation for an overlap with the old system. Thank you for clarifying this!

JCrakers
05-02-2013, 09:07 PM
Now this is where the confusion sets in because I did get a variation for a very similar situation with the old system. I had an overlap of 40mins...it was granted

I'm not saying its ok to do now but at least under the old system we got a yes or a no. :(

christine e
06-02-2013, 01:19 AM
Now this is where the confusion sets in because I did get a variation for a very similar situation with the old system. I had an overlap of 40mins...it was granted

I'm not saying its ok to do now but at least under the old system we got a yes or a no. :(

It is confusing because I got a NO for a similar situation - one and only time I applied for a variation