PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :)

Adele1984
04-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I am new to this forum. Have had a little look around and it looks really good. Everyone seems really friendly.

I have been thinking for some time that I would like to become a childminder but I have just tonight decided to give it a proper go. I have been on my local authority's website (Liverpool) but I can't find out who to contact to get the ball rolling. Maybe I am just not seeing it because it has been a long day and it's bedtime now :blush:

Will more than likely ring them up tomorrow to find out what I need to do first of all to get started but which area within my local authority do I need to contact?

And what else do I need to do other than speak to them, just to get things started off.

Thank you :)

Binney
05-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Hi Adele!

I'm based in London so I'm afraid can't help with your local authorities contact details. But just want to swing by and say 'welcome'!

You're already on the right track - first step, talk to your local authority. They'll be able to advise you on what your next steps will be.

Best of luck!

Adele1984
05-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Thank you hun. I ended up ringing the LA general enquiries line and they gave me the number of the people I had to speak to. I've had my name put down on the list but she said it'll be a few months till they have another pre-registration session so I will just have to wait until then x