PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel awkward about it?

Jinx
26-06-2008, 12:10 PM
Parent has just bought my pay around......should have been on Tuesday. (better than last time though......she was a week late).

She handed me an envelope at the door, we had a quick chat and she left. I THEN opened the envelope to find she had given me £25 instead of £35!!!!

Why oh why didn't I open it infront of her? :rolleyes:

I've texted her and she has replied that it should have been a £20 a £10 and a £5. I replied that it was 2 x £10 and a £5.
She says she'll give me the rest next week!!!!!

But why do I feel awkward about it?:o :o

Jinx x

Banana
26-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I know its awkward talking about money with parents. Its because we're frightened of upsetting them and them leaving us because of it, so we think that its better to be paid late than not at all! This is not the case!

Tell her that late payment charges will be applied from xxxx. so to avoid this she will have to pay on the correct contracted day

x

avril
26-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Some good advice there from Banana, sound like she may have been trying it on.

I hope she pays the other 10.00 ok and on time :thumbsup:

Bevbeetle
26-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I also hate talking about money, my husband says just ask for it they wouldnt like it if they didnt get paid but it is so horrible !
I got one who hasnt paid for 11weeks says she bringing it tomorrow

Annie_T
26-06-2008, 01:12 PM
thats bad but least she paid i guess .. pain in bum tho i know coz mucks things up when late or not enough given ... hope it gets sorted ..x

katickles
26-06-2008, 03:05 PM
One of my parents did this a while back & a tenner short.

I worked myself up & even felt sick about talking to them:panic: . When i opened the door mum was standing there with a tenner opened out saying that they were so sorry, they hadn't given me enough money & all without me saying a word:p

I personally think that this mum is so cheeky aying she'll give it to you next week. Why do parents seem to think that paying there childcare is acceptable to be paid when they want? Its not like we can go to the supermarket buy our food & say to the cashier, oh i'll pay the rest next week:angry:

Spangles
26-06-2008, 03:37 PM
I think this is really hard too. I personally think it's because we get to know these people and form relationships with them and their children and to ask for money doesn't seem right somehow!

BevBeetle - can't believe you've not been paid for 11 weeks by someone? That's dreadful. Can't you refuse to have the child until you're paid? I would definitely put the old late payment fees on!