PDA

View Full Version : Leaflet for parents / other settings / childminders etc

sarah707
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
A lot of forum members have very kindly given their time, proofreading skills, layout and design knowledge etc etc to help put this leaflet together.

Thank you to you all :clapping:

It is set out so it can be printed double sided on one sheet of paper and then cut in half.

It can be handed out to anyone you think might be interested in the campaign against Ms Truss' plans for the future.

You could -

- Give a copy to every parent

- Take copies to hand out to childminders at your toddler group or children's centre

- Send the first page with a letter to your MP, Ms Truss or the Dept for Education

- Use wording from the leaflet when you are writing your lobbying letter

I am just finishing a list of the sort of things you can talk about when you write your letter or email... it's very long so please bear with me!

Together we can make our voices heard! :D

silvermist
04-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Yay! Its fab! Thanks for that Sarah, I shall be printing it off and giving it to as many people as possible. xxx

Rick
04-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Yay! Its fab! Thanks for that Sarah, I shall be printing it off and giving it to as many people as possible. xxx

.....me too :clapping:

FussyElmo
04-02-2013, 08:47 PM

And me :thumbsup:

lilac_dragon
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
.....me too :clapping:

Well done Sarah, - me three!

hectors house
04-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Have just e-mailed it to my DO asking her to e-mail to other childcare providers (if she is allowed)! Have also asked her whether she knows anything else about the agencies and how they will be run, so have to wait for a reply.

loocyloo
04-02-2013, 09:08 PM
brilliant.

thank you sarah.

will forward it to my DO, but i have a suspicion that they are not allowed to forward emails :(

mum24
04-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Thank you Sarah, I have emailed loads of contacts and printed off some for the playground. I may just do a leaflet drop around my street, there are loads of families here, that I say hello to but dont really know.

lisbet
04-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Wow Sarah, it's really clear and really professional looking - I have just ordered ink and will be printing off copies asap :thumbsup:

Please forgive me if I'm speaking out of turn :blush: but the part about nurseries being allowed a ratio of 1:13 for 3&4yrolds if a teacher is present - that is already the case in local authority maintained nurseries/ children centres within 'school hours' (and I have no experience of it, but I guess it would follow that private nurseries are already allowed to apply this if they choose to employ a teacher?)

Do you think perhaps that it might be better to focus on the 1 adult per 6 2yr olds? I'm sure most parents will be able to conjure up a vivid mental image of how busy that would be!

I just think that parents with 3&4yr olds might not see what an impact these changes could have if the initial focus of the leaflet is on a ratio they may be familiar with. :blush::blush::blush:

ETA to add more :blush: and apologise if I have got the wrong end of the stick :blush:

sarah707
05-02-2013, 08:04 AM
Richard has very kindly given us a shorter URL for the petition - I have updated the leaflet above :clapping:

www.keepratiosdown.co.uk

sarah707
10-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I am bumping this thread for people who have not seen it yet...

Please print the leaflet and give it out to childminder friends, parents, nurseries etc and ask them to get on board and support the petition.

I have been asked about accessibility for people who are not members of the forum and cannot download attachments.

Please send me a personal message (PM) with your email address and I will send it to you.

Together we will make ourselves heard! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

kats
10-02-2013, 06:18 PM
Thank you sarah, i have just printed enough off so that i can give 1 out to every single person i meet this coming week!!

kats
10-02-2013, 06:20 PM
[QUOTE="kats;1209249"]Thank you sarah, i have just printed enough off so that i can give 1 out to every single person i meet this coming week!!

tori4
10-02-2013, 06:25 PM
Can't see the attachment ? It was here the other day ? - new printer set up and 1st on my todo list is letters to MP and parents

bunyip
10-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Thanks Sarah.

Now we have the Trussinator's address, do we know her movements?

The warheads are armed and ready, co-ordinates entered, launch procedure can be initiated any time, pending your response. :rolleyes:

FussyElmo
10-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Thanks Sarah.

Now we have the Trussinator's address, do we know her movements?

The warheads are armed and ready, co-ordinates entered, launch procedure can be initiated any time, pending your response. :rolleyes:

Push the button!!!!!!

bunyip
10-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Push the button!!!!!!

I would but I've no wish to turn half of Norfolk into a charred wasteland if it turns out she's in Westminster at the time.

You know a certain member of the Faerie folk would object if I did.........:D

sarah707
10-02-2013, 08:19 PM
Can't see the attachment ? It was here the other day ? - new printer set up and 1st on my todo list is letters to MP and parents

It should be on the first post - it's there for me - I will email it if you pm me your email address :D

tori4
11-02-2013, 09:17 AM
It should be on the first post - it's there for me - I will email it if you pm me your email address :D

Thanks sarah can sometime see on iPhone but not always - anyway found it straight away in PC

Emailed and printed -

sarah707
17-03-2013, 09:17 AM
I have been asked to bump this thread for people who haven't seen it yet.

This is a great way of reaching other childminders who maybe haven't heard about the campaign yet :cheerleader::cheerleader:

SammySplodger
17-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Can you do this leaflet as a 'sticky' post Sarah?

sarah707
17-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Can you do this leaflet as a 'sticky' post Sarah?

Tis now stuck :D

sarah707
11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
We won! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Rick
11-06-2013, 09:24 PM
We won! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

It's funny going back to the start and seeing the progression through to the victory! Was all worth it in the end :D

Simona
12-06-2013, 06:35 AM
WE DID INDEED!!...have to keep pinching myself but now for agencies...that is a far more serious fight!