PDA

View Full Version : chinese new year ideas??

georgeypie07
04-02-2013, 07:34 PM
Ive been trying to research activities for the chinese new year online but i always find that i get the best ideas off this forum (big up to all u great childminders) im doing the paper plate snake, the mindees names in chinese and im going to cook some chinese food to taste!! Ooo actually that just gave me a good idea, fortune cookies!! Anyone know where u can buy them??

sarah707
04-02-2013, 07:42 PM
http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/activity-ideas/112861-chinese-new-year-feb-week-1-planning.html

My group planning is here :D

miffy
04-02-2013, 08:27 PM
I got fortune cookies from Tesco last year

Miffy xx

VeggieSausage
04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
egg carton dragon or snake....

finger painting using red and gold paint

make lanterns....

MessybutHappy
05-02-2013, 06:56 AM
We are having Lychee's for pudding. Well, I'm offering them... Secretly I'm hoping the children won't eat them so I can!!! And making hats like the ones in the catalogues, wide brimmed. We have some chinese clothes in the dressing up box to wear and I'll let them try to use chopsticks that are banded together with a wedge of paper so they have some chance of success! Times like this I'm so glad I have big children who can join in so the little ones learn by watching!!!!

chunky
05-02-2013, 01:49 PM
Ive been trying to research activities for the chinese new year online but i always find that i get the best ideas off this forum (big up to all u great childminders) im doing the paper plate snake, the mindees names in chinese and im going to cook some chinese food to taste!! Ooo actually that just gave me a good idea, fortune cookies!! Anyone know where u can buy them??

there is a recipe for home -made fortune cookies on activity villiage website not tried yet but hope to next week

Ripeberry
05-02-2013, 04:14 PM
I've got to do group craft this week (20 kids) but most of them are under 2.5yrs old. Will just cut out some cardboard snakes for kids to paint or stick bits of colored paper on. Then have separate eyes and a red tongue made out of sparkly card (if I can find it) :) There are lots of nice Chinese crafts out there but all for 3+yrs and they take far too long.