PDA

View Full Version : please help ofsted reg with social services involvement for second time!

sarahaken
03-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Please can somone help? My partner has completed his childminding course and paediatric first aid. Both passed. He is now going through the ofsted reg process with me as his helper ( i am nneb nanny and have also passed my paediatric firstaid). I have two boys who are 8 and 6 years old.

The problem is the boys father is a very bitter ex who wants nothing more than to take the boys away from me. He rang social services the first time stating my partner andrew has assaulted one of the boys. So i had police and ss on my doorstep. Ss investigated and closed the case no further action required.

He has just called them again siting andrew has again assaulted on of the children and i am an alcoholic, my children are malnourished and ill. None of this is true and never has been. I have no doubt ss know this is malicious and will close the case but where will andrew stand with his ofsted reg?

Will it be refused? We desperately want to make childminding work for us and i know we would be very good at it. It also means we are at home for my children. We have been unemployed for a while and so want to better ourselves and give the children a great life they deserve.

But my ex seems determined this will never happen. Does anyone know what andrews chances of getting registered are?

Thank u so much in advance for any help. Im just in bits over all this :angry:

Sara x

knittaroo
03-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Hey, I'm so sorry. What a nightmare. I'm afraid I don't really know any answer but I too have an embittered ex and a lovely new husband (called Andrew!) I can only think that SS will of course throw any of his claims out the window (trust me, they will have to check it out, but I've worked closely with SS professionally in the past, and they will see very soon that his claims are unfounded), and that OFSTED will then have no concerns. But I guess it may delay things and hold them you hubby's registration - which would be a pain. Hugs, hope it all works out for you, and your ex decides to emigrate to Oz.

TAZ
03-02-2013, 10:21 PM
Can't really offer any advice but hope it all goes well for you and doesn't delay things too much. Hopefully SS will see this for what it is - an ex causing trouble - I'm sure they must deal with this sort of thing a lot of the time.:group hug:

FussyElmo
04-02-2013, 05:49 AM
As long as the SS keep throwing out the allegations you should be fine.

Perhaps on the prereg explain the situation to your ofsted inspector and make sure they are aware of malicious allegations. Then if your ex rings them they will already have an heads up :thumbsup: