PDA

View Full Version : Accident form help pls

Wendy Woo
26-06-2008, 11:28 AM
i ran out of proper forms last week and am waiting for more to come. mindee has just walked into post box wen walking to the car leaving bump on forehead and i have no forms.

i was gonna hand write one for now but do i need to do two so mum can have a copy!!!!

does anyone no y parents get a copy and is it vital??????

any help would be good. thanx

donnahay0
26-06-2008, 11:32 AM
Personally my parents never want a copy and when I have handed them over they have put them on the side and left them there.

Anyway, I would write a copy and get parents to sign both and attach your copy to the last page of your existing book.

I keep all the copies that parents never take in a plastic file and keep it with all my other record keeping stuff, if they ever want it then it is there for them to have then - not that anyone does. I expect if it was a more serious accident then they would take the copy.

I don't know what the 'legal' requirements are about that, hopefully, somebody will enlighten us.

miffy
26-06-2008, 11:32 AM
I have a bit on the bottom of my accident forms that says "parent has/has not received a copy of this form" - if parents don't want a copy that covers me as they have signed to say so.

But if it's a head bump I would give out a head bump letter and also a copy of the accident form in case they needed to go to hospital later

HTH

miffy xx

sarah707
26-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Here you go ... and yes, parents need a copy :D

Mrs.L.C
26-06-2008, 11:48 AM
Iv attached the form I use and keep one per child in their file so only their parents see it. I don't give a copy to parents unless they request one and I would keep this form for 21 years

Wendy Woo
26-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Iv attached the form I use and keep one per child in their file so only their parents see it. I don't give a copy to parents unless they request one and I would keep this form for 21 years

this form is much easier. were ofsted happy when they saw it? and did they ask about parents copy?????
Just thinkin if its ok with ofsted and urself i will prob do somethin alson these lines as the ones from ncma are £8 every time and my lot seem to go thro em!!!!!!!

Mrs.L.C
27-06-2008, 01:26 PM
yes Ofsted have been fine with it so far. Last inspection was last year and they were ok with it and never asked if I gave parents a copy. My development worker has said this is ok aswel. The fact the parent signs it means there is proof they have seen it and you need to keep this for 21 years as the child can take you to court up to 21 years after the accident....crazy.

I use all my own forms and store on computer and print off all that I need to make a child's profile when im expecting a new parent visit...this way they can be updated when needed and no paper wasted

Wendy Woo
27-06-2008, 05:36 PM
yes Ofsted have been fine with it so far. Last inspection was last year and they were ok with it and never asked if I gave parents a copy. My development worker has said this is ok aswel. The fact the parent signs it means there is proof they have seen it and you need to keep this for 21 years as the child can take you to court up to 21 years after the accident....crazy.

I use all my own forms and store on computer and print off all that I need to make a child's profile when im expecting a new parent visit...this way they can be updated when needed and no paper wasted

thanx for ur help. i agree with using my own forms for the same reason aswell!!! its easier and cheaper i should think, much easier.

Thank u:thumbsup:

chez1373
28-06-2008, 05:29 AM
I use the NCMA ones only because i like things to look nice and if i did one i dont think it would look as nice as theres.

Ive seen lots of other peoples and they look really good too

mrsb
29-06-2008, 07:33 PM
Thanks for those form ideas, I've used my last ncma form this week so I need more.
In fact I ordered what I thought were the forms I needed from ncma but they are totally different :(