PDA

View Full Version : Policy help please

Jessymax
03-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I have just googled policies and procedures and 'mamma press free childminding resources' has come up am i allowed to just copy and print these and make a couple ammendments? Because people sell policies on ebay too... confused

sarah707
03-02-2013, 08:02 PM
Ofsted do not like generic policies and procedures.

By all means google for ideas - but then make sure you write your own to reflect your thoughts :D

FussyElmo
03-02-2013, 08:11 PM
You really should write your own - use ones you have found on the internet as guides but adapt them to their own settings.

One of our DO's was an ofsted inspector and she really dislikes reading policies that the cm hasnt written themselves. Her favourite story is about inspecting an cm and reading a pet policy with no pets/Ras for dining rooms where there were was no dining room.

TAZ
03-02-2013, 10:46 PM
I would say it is ok to make use of others' policy & procedure documents BUT do make sure you go through them very thoroughly making them your ownby removing bits that are not relevant, adapting other bits and adding anything that you think may be missing. Bear in mind that things are always changing so you need to make sure everything is up to date.