PDA

View Full Version : housing associationhouse???

mrsc2010
03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Hiya! I'm hoping to start child minding soon. But just had a thought, I live in a housing association house and in my tenancy agreement it says I need to get wriiten consent to run a business from home,
Has any one else done this and did you have trouble getting consent or has any one known of any one that has been refused?? I have emailed my housing people and asked if they let people do it or not and how I get a letter of consent. My old neighbour from a different housing association was a cm, but I don't know if she got permission or just went ahead and done it.
Any advice would be great.
Thank you
:-)

migimoo
03-02-2013, 04:39 PM
I just went to my local housing office and explained that I needed a letter giving me permission to run a childminding business from my house....think I was the first one they'd had there as they all looked v confused and i had to explain what a CM was to one woman there.

They agreed no problem but said i'm not allowed to have any advertisements on the house (and had to show them a copy of my contents insurance for some reason)...so no banners/window signs etc

kellib
03-02-2013, 06:21 PM
I have a HA house and I had no problem getting permission from them.

lisbet
03-02-2013, 06:30 PM
My housing association was fine with it :)

Bicky
03-02-2013, 07:23 PM
I've been told that as soon as we are qualified all we have to do is show them our qualification certificate etc and they will write the letter.

emmamc
03-02-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm glad you asked this, it's the only thing I havn't looked into yet. Do we have to give the letter to anyone or is it just for our records? So is it best to wait until registered or do we need permission before ofsted come out?

TAZ
03-02-2013, 11:26 PM
I'm glad you asked this, it's the only thing I havn't looked into yet. Do we have to give the letter to anyone or is it just for our records? So is it best to wait until registered or do we need permission before ofsted come out?

I don't think Ofsted will be interested in this permission as the arrangement between you & housing assosciation is not their concern.

FussyElmo
04-02-2013, 05:35 AM

You keep it for your records - ofsted may or not ask to see it. You do need it as you need permission from your HA/landlord to mind from the permises.

Jo Jo
04-02-2013, 06:48 PM
My housing association were fine too:thumbsup:

mrsc2010
05-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Just to let you all know, I emailed my housing association on Sunday and got a permission letter today!! No questions or anything. Just said that I need to still be living here and to keep house to a minimum!