PDA

View Full Version : Quick advice on filling out an ad-hoc contract...

lucyD
03-02-2013, 10:40 AM
I have a parent coming this afternoon to sign contracts. She is paying upfront for each time she needs me. Its ad hoc as she is a supply teacher so no set times etc just will have her IF I have space. My question is, I have the NCMA contracts & not sure how to fill it in, esp parts that mention notice for holidays etc... I presume the hours part I just write on AD-HOC.

Any advice would be appreciated as never done an ad-hoc arrangement before & want to look professional. Also any other 'tips' regarding caring for ad-hoc would be welcome. I am worried about LJ as obviously she may not be with me regularly so I can 'plan' too much for her

Thank you in advance :)

FussyElmo
03-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I would write as and when parent requires if space is available - or something like that.

Notice for holidays I think will only be on your side and your notice should apply.

LJ's - i would start one but wouldnt neccesarily be expecting to have loads in it. Planning I dont think you can play in advance for this child so if you do see any next steps try and work them in but for the most of the time keep in spontaneous :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lucyD
03-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I would write as and when parent requires if space is available - or something like that.

Notice for holidays I think will only be on your side and your notice should apply.

LJ's - i would start one but wouldnt neccesarily be expecting to have loads in it. Planning I dont think you can play in advance for this child so if you do see any next steps try and work them in but for the most of the time keep in spontaneous :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Fab, thank you x

blue bear
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I write accross the top 'this contract is for as and when needed and if I have the space'

I don't put any charge in for holidays or sickness with no notice required for holidays, no notice required to end the contract either.

I do a lj, obviously it doesn't have loads in, I give parents notelets to write down wow moments that happen at home between the times I care for the child.

lucyD
03-02-2013, 11:36 AM
Great idea about the parent filling out wow moments! Another quick question.....I do a daily diary in a notebook that goes back & forth each day. Would you, for an ad hoc arrangement just do a sheet that you fill in each time they come & give this to the parent & keep a copy for yourself (to prove you have done it) ?

blue bear
03-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Think it would depend how ad hoc it was, mine only comes holidays and has a diary (still ad hoc)

Tazmin68
03-02-2013, 02:18 PM
Hi

I have two boys who attend teacher training and snow days so I have it down as and when required subject to space being available.

lucyD
03-02-2013, 02:59 PM
Thanks for advice. All sorted now. Have discussed with parent about diary & she would like to do diary as she did that with previous childminder as she said she likes to write things in it YAY!!! So happy, she seems a lovely lady & her daughter is so sweet too. Feels like it will be a good relationship! Thank you all once again this forum is a life safer x:clapping: