PDA

View Full Version : feel a bit bad...gah...what do.i do

leeanne910
03-02-2013, 09:49 AM
Ok here goes.
I currently mind a 3 (almost 4yo) full time. I also mind her brother in holidays only.

Well i just took on another child for holidays only.

Well without a thought. Said 3yo starts school september and mom wants to then change the contract for school holidays only....well then it means that i would have great trouble filling the term time space, and i dont really want to do a retainer...would rather a full timer as i would be.down.in.money.and there is a cry.out.for full time.minders for early years...... I have already been approached for that sept space.

What do i do....would i let.the family go and lose both school holiday children as of sept? (parent isnt the best at payments...though i do eventualy get paid its not on time)

Whys things.so.complicated! I couldnt turn other family away as october half term is a long way away and well...i.need the money

FussyElmo
03-02-2013, 09:59 AM
Ok here goes.
I currently mind a 3 (almost 4yo) full time. I also mind her brother in holidays only.

Well i just took on another child for holidays only.

Well without a thought. Said 3yo starts school september and mom wants to then change the contract for school holidays only....well then it means that i would have great trouble filling the term time space, and i dont really want to do a retainer...would rather a full timer as i would be.down.in.money.and there is a cry.out.for full time.minders for early years...... I have already been approached for that sept space.

What do i do....would i let.the family go and lose both school holiday children as of sept? (parent isnt the best at payments...though i do eventualy get paid its not on time)

Whys things.so.complicated! I couldnt turn other family away as october half term is a long way away and well...i.need the money

In my experience its easier to fill a term time place than it is a holiday place. Perhaps more thinking of giving notice see about advertising term time places come sept. A lot of parents can be quite happy if you are not charging a retainer for the holidays

angeldelight
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Think I would advertise for term spaces now too

I have lots of children that just come term time ,I have lots that come holiday time too but I don't take a retainer ,it all works out fine and I have children here when others are not so I make my money up that way .
I've always done this and always managed to get term and holiday children

Good luck hope you sort it

Angel xxx

leeanne910
03-02-2013, 10:16 AM
Hope so i have started advertising.
Fingers crossed...i guess i always fear the worse...i bet it will.be ok...

Im such a worrier! Lol

blue bear
03-02-2013, 10:19 AM
My holiday only children are all on pay as you go contracts. No guarantee on either side so if I have a all year pre schooler wanting the place I can take it on and somehow it works with the holiday children.

wendywu
03-02-2013, 10:24 AM
I would not loose a full timer because i had holiday time only children. I would take the full timer and tell mum that the holiday place is no longer there and explain why.

If you do not get a term time only child quite quickly then take on the full timer that has already asked you. :)