PDA

View Full Version : CYPOP5 to Inspection

swmabo
02-02-2013, 04:50 PM
Hi all,

I am just about to complete the CYPOC5 and I have done day one of the Peads 1st Aid today. I was just wondering what everyone's experiences were between completion of CYPOC 5 to Inspection. My LA have said to call them when I think I meet all the registration requirements so I have made a list of documents, things to do etc. It is mainly risk assessments, policies and forms (does anyone recommend joining NCMA for some of their paperwork or is producing your own ok?)
I have seen quite a few people mentioning delays etc. so wanted to get the process moving asap as I have parents waiting on me. So would I need to be inspection ready to start the registration process???

Thanks for your comments in advance :o

Kim

shortstuff
03-02-2013, 08:46 AM
Writing your own p&p's is fine, it actually helps as you know them thoroughly when ofsted ask questions. You can use the ncma ones or just use parts of them. Whatever you feel comfortable with :-). It is always worth chasing up on anything outstanding as it will always be more important to you than the proccessing teams. Good luck and i hope you can start soon.

lisbet
03-02-2013, 09:06 AM
For me it took 12 weeks from submitting an online application to Ofsted to having an Ofsted inspector come out and do a pre-registration visit. Then another couple of weeks before I had the certificate necessary to legally childmind. (It would have been quicker if my LA hadn't taken a month to do a routine social services check that Ofsted asked them for.:rolleyes:)

My LA childminding support team sent someone to visit me and advise me on what I needed to do to be ready for my visit from Ofsted whilst I was waiting for my application to be processed. Like Gail said, it's worth calling and chasing things up. Hope it all goes smoothly for you :)

swmabo
04-02-2013, 05:21 PM
Hi,
Thanks all, I am about to submit my last assignment for the CYPOC 5 and I have requested that my LA come out (they like to come out to you before you send off the forms) so fingers crossed she will agree with everyone and say I am on track and ready for registration.
:clapping: