PDA

View Full Version : Can you help me?

TheArk
02-02-2013, 04:10 PM
Hi, I was hoping somebody could point me in the right direction! I am studying towards my BA (hons) in Early Years Childhood Studies and am 'trying' to write a report on Network Childminders!

However, I cannot find any stats on:

1. How many childminders there are currently in the UK
2. How many Network Childminders there are in the UK
3. How many childminders in Trafford
4. How many how many Network Childminders in Trafford.

or, much information at all about Network Childminders.........

Anybody got any ideas where I could find this information from? I have been searching the web but having no luck.

loocyloo
02-02-2013, 05:07 PM
good luck!

i would suggest having a look at the NCMA site and maybe try ofsted to see how many childminders there are ( although according to E Truss, not as many as there used to be! )

each Local authority has its own 'list' of networked or accrediated childminders so no idea, sorry, on how to find out how many in country !!! there are about 40 ( i think, possibly?!!! ) in north yorkshire!

talk to trafford about their childminders!

maybe try looking at FIS around the country to get an idea of numbers.

x

blue bear
02-02-2013, 05:59 PM
Contact each lea and ask how many network childminders they have, I'd possibly change that to accredited if you want to know about childminders who can receive funding, although in our county you don't need to be accredited to receive two year old funding, we like many counties have abanded the network childminders idea.

TheArk
02-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Thank you for your help.

I have contacted local network co-ordinatior so will await a reply regarding Network childminders. It's interesting to know some borough's have done away with the network cm!! I didn't know that!!! In fact, considering I am one, I know very little about the scheme!!! :blush:

Considering we provide 20% of the early years provision in the UK there is very little data and research out there for us CM's!!!!! It's no wonder we struggle to get our professional status acknowledged and respected by the early years work-force and society in general!!!! Nobody is advertising how hard we work and promote all the benefits of home based care (except ncma of course!) :mad:

vickylou
03-02-2013, 12:18 AM
I don't know if this would help, but if you go on Trafford councils website and search for a childminder, it actually comes up with how many Accredited childminders serve each school, for each area. In Flixton you have to be Accredited to be on the Network so I'm assuming that's the same all through Trafford. Up to approx a year ago you could be on the Network without being Accredited, but due to funding cuts they had to make the Network smaller. Hope that may be of some help