PDA

View Full Version : How before pre-reg inspection?

Nikki382
02-02-2013, 09:44 AM
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I've noticed a few of you have had your pre-reg inspection and its all gone well - congratulations.
I've been in constant contact with Ofsted and know that they have all my paperwork and everything is cleared as of from last Tuesday. My question is how long before I get a call about a visit? I've been out of work since November and have a few people waiting to hear when I can start minding. It's very frustrating!

CathyAmy
02-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Nikki I would say any day now :) I chased my application a few times - the last time I rang (19th Dec) they were still awaiting the Social Services check and two days (Fri 21st dec) later I had the call to make the pre-reg inspection on the Wed 2nd Jan (She was finishing on the afternoon of 21st Dec for the Xmas/New Year hols) - said 4 year old didn't go back to school until the 9th Jan - so she then 10am on the 9th then!! Good luck - it's really not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Jo1988
02-02-2013, 06:57 PM
From the date your application is complete the inspectors have a 4 week deadline to make the visit (this is what the Ofsted guy told me over the phone when I chased my application).

My application completed on Fri 18th Jan.....I got a call on Wed 23rd Jan to arrange the visit......The visit took place Monday 28th Jan and I'm now awaiting my certificate in the post xxxx

Nikki382
03-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I've had a phone call yesterday (Saturday) and I am getting a visit tomorrow at 10am! I am so nervous and excited at the same time. Thanks for your replies - i'll let you know how I get on. :)

emmamc
03-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Good luck for tomorrow! :)

CathyAmy
03-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Good Luck Nikki - Hope it goes well

Nikki382
05-02-2013, 03:51 PM
All done! It took about 3 hours but I'm happy to say that she is passing her recommendation for me to practice and I just have to wait for my certificate which I'm hoping takes around a week.
So pleased - thanks for your well wishes and replies :) x