PDA

View Full Version : buggy pod, oppinions needed please

mushpea
01-02-2013, 08:40 AM
if you own one how do you find it? are they sturdy and what would be the youngest age child you would put in it? presumably they dont lay down so the child couldnt comfortably nap in it but then I can alternate who sits in it if needed .

Mouse
01-02-2013, 08:53 AM
When I had one I always put the smallest child in it. I don't think any would have been under 12 months.

It was very awkward to fit to the pushchair I had, but I found a YouTube video that showed it really well.

At first I was really anxious using it as I'd heard reports of them falling off etc. After a while though I realised it was a lot sturdier than I'd thought. To go up and down pavements I tried to make sure I crossed at a dip. It did work if I had to lift up or down a pavement, but it was easier if I could just carry on walking.

From what I can remember the lie back wasn't very good as there was a bar across the top that meant the child couldn't easily lie back. And the rain cover was useless. It was virtually touching the child's face and they hated it.

I had mine a few years ago, so the design might have changed a bit now. It was a Smorph2, or something like that. I think they're a really good idea, but don't work quite as well as you hope they will.

AgentTink
01-02-2013, 10:33 AM
I use one everyday for my own little girl who is 3, as pre-school is a 25 minute walk away and she cannot do all of it at the present time, so i alternate between walking and sitting on this. It has been a life saver for me as i have to use the double pram for the 12 month old and 18 month old i have.

It took a bit of fiddling to get it right on the pram, and i watched quite a few you tube videos.

Like Mouse says i have to always find the kerbs to get it up and down easily, and i now have a route that i follow every day to school and i have had no problems.

I have sat the 18 month old in it and she was fine, however the 12 month old i have doesn't sit still very much and kept going from side to side. Not that much tilt for a sleeping child though.

Also be aware that there is a rain cover but the reviews were not great so i didn't buy one. I just make sure if it is a rainy day that my little one has her waterproof suit on.

At the end of every week i do find that i need to tighten the straps things on the pram with a screwdriver as they tend to move slightly downwards, but this is not a big deal.

I also have the smorph 2, which is great because it folds quite neatly next to the pram when not in use.

Also i have found as most paths have a natural decline towards the kerb, that the parm is so much easier to move if I always walk on the path so that the buggy pod is furthest away from the road, if that makes sense.

It certainly has made my journeys so much easier and saved the expense of a triple buggy for only limited use.

BuggsieMoo
01-02-2013, 12:47 PM
I use a buggy pod every day on my P&T double to make it a triple. The lo who sits in it loves it. I use drop curbs wherever possible and its so easy to push. I do have the rain cover (mine is designed like a hood that sits way above the head and then extends way past the bottom of the pod bit).

Highly recommend.

mummyMia
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
I had one last year on my P&T but really didn't get on with it. I just found it too heavy to push and it pulled to the side. It was fine on perfectly level ground but where the kerb was slightly sloped it hurt my wrists. I tossed mine in the skip after only a few months and was really glas to see it go :D

I found that the exact same buggy with the same children was much lighter to push using a buggy board instead of the buggypod.

funemnx
01-02-2013, 09:10 PM
I used mine for a nearly 3 yr old who couldn't do the whole walk to the school run - they can lean back a little for smaller children. No problems, he felt quite secure in it. No problems with up and down curbs. A good idea for when you don't have 3 really tiny tots and don't want the expense of a triple x

blue bear
01-02-2013, 09:24 PM
I loved mine, bought it when I had three fourteen month olds, one little girl preffered it to the boys we called it x's throne.
I had mine on the p&t sport, lovely and sturdy, I have kept it and would Definetly use it again.

SammySplodger
13-03-2013, 11:08 PM
Has anyone used a buggypod with a Jane Powertwin? Ta :-)