PDA

View Full Version : Spare room as a play room

Kevin1964
01-02-2013, 07:58 AM
I am turning our spare room in to a play room I still keep our single bed in the room Butwas wondering if anyone else dose this and do this. :)

mama2three
01-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi Kevin,
I know a couple of minders on here have had upstairs playrooms which worked for them.
I would be put off because of the practicalities - leaving children alone or bringing them all down if the doorbell goes for example. And the freeflow between indoors and outdoors becomes difficult too .
I wish I could see a way round the practicalities because I would love an alternative to my lounge resembling Hamleys!

wendywu
01-02-2013, 08:15 AM
The free flow is simple just put a ladder from the ground to the window :laughing:

How do minders who live in flats manage with free flow, they must just factor in outdoor play every day in their planning :D

AliceK
01-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I have a playroom which also doubles up as a spare room although it is downstairs. I put a sofa bed in there but then when we sorted out my kids bedrooms and I was left with a spare single bed I also put that in there. Just because I didn't have anywhere else to put it. I was planning on moving it to storage but all the kids love having it in there so it's stayed. I must say though that we don't very often have any need to use the room as a spare room.

xxx

Kevin1964
01-02-2013, 10:18 AM
As i Live in a flat the stairs do not come in to it :laughing::D