PDA

View Full Version : Advice on nits on mindees

oxfordshirecm
01-02-2013, 07:55 AM
Hi just wanted some advice please- I look after a family of four- 2 three year old twins and their siblings 6 and 7 year old. 7 year old came home with nits so informed mum- mum said would treat. Three weeks later 6 year old complaining of itching - found nits so informed mum. Now found nits in three year old - it's emerged that mum is not treating when she says she is and only treating one child not all four so passing it from one another. Have spoken to mum and she says she has treated.

Now I have recently started taking on two more after schoolers so now this bit business has become an issue as surely they will catch them and new parents Wong be happy with me?

How would you deal with this situ?

My policy states:
I don't exclude
Long hair tied up
Request parents check hair weekly- early detection
Request I'm informed immediately vice betas
Info on effective treatment provided
Help in prevention by not sharing hair brushes and dressing up hats etc washed regularly

Is there anything else I should be doing or is this situation just one of those things?

Sorry for the early long post (now my head is itching like mad he he)

AliceK
01-02-2013, 08:18 AM
My policy states that I will not exclude providing treatment is started. If I had a child with persistent nits and parent wasn't treating I would exclude. It's not fair on the other children or their parents (or me!!)

xxxx

AgentTink
01-02-2013, 10:43 AM
No advice on once they have them, but i do use this Vosene Shampoo as it has natural Head Lice repellant in it.

Vosene Kids 3 in 1 Conditioning Shampoo 250ml - Boots (http://www.boots.com/en/Vosene-Kids-3-in-1-Conditioning-Shampoo-250ml_853911/)

No idea if it works as my little one is only just in pre-school so no idea if she has come into contact with anybody with nits, but i thought it was a worth a try to see if i could prevent them.

Tazmin68
01-02-2013, 12:33 PM
I exclude if lice lice and as long as treatment is ongoing will except children while eggs. I swear buy tea tree shampoo which I get from sainsburys as tea tree is a lice repellent.

RuthJ
01-02-2013, 01:06 PM
I exclude if lice lice and as long as treatment is ongoing will except children while eggs. I swear buy tea tree shampoo which I get from sainsburys as tea tree is a lice repellent.

Good to know, thanks :)

mrs coops
01-02-2013, 04:26 PM
I use the vosene shampoo on my lo and so far so good. Also advices by a hairdressers to spray a bit of hairspray on her hair and to make sure I wash the bed sheets only had them once and that was before starting school from a mindee c

AliceK
01-02-2013, 05:16 PM
I use Tea Tree shampoo on my children too. So far so good. Might try a little hairspray too now, thanks :thumbsup:

xxx

chriss
01-02-2013, 06:08 PM
itching now...so thanx for that :D

oxfordshirecm
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
itching now...so thanx for that :D

I have been itching all day- think I might have vistors :( trip to the chemist for me tomorrow.

I have spoken to mum tonight who has promised to treat all four kids so I hope this will be be the end of it. Going to use teetree on my hair from now on and so is parent (or so she says)

Thank you for all the aide everyone x

TAZ
01-02-2013, 10:46 PM
school sent my daughter home with lice age 4, I also took one look at her head and went 'ugh' :blush:

On closer inspection when we got home realised nothing seemed to be moving and actually it was just dirt - turns out she had been hanging upside down on the trim trail at school & dragged her hair through the bark chippings, then, later in the class one of the boys poured some water on her head. As her hair dried it gave the appearance of the bits moving!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I did wash & comb her hair through with a lice comb just in case - but no lice :)