PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to a Phil and teds? Obaby?

nipper
31-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Since I started out, I must admit to having tried out a few pushchairs, including a nice Maclaren twin, which wasn't really suitable for our bumpy farm tracks on the run to school, as well as a Phil and Teds E3. I have since sold both and invested in a brand new Mountain buggy.

Fast forward 12 months and I'm thinking about getting another Phil and Teds, just to use as a spare, because I like the idea of it looking like a single, with the versatility of a double. Plus it would be easier to use on local public transport. A big factor for me is that it needs to be easy to steer one handed as I quite like the look of my lop sided biceps, the right arm one being considerably bigger than the other:laughing:....seriously though, it needs to be easy to steer one handed, holding onto the hand of a toddler:thumbsup:

Question, has anybody used the Obaby Tandem, which is similar but obviously a lot cheaper?

dette
31-01-2013, 06:36 PM
ive just bought a hauck freerider.it looks very similar to p&t but less than £200 on kiddicare,its light and compact with good size seats,only down side i've found is the straps are really fiddley ,the over the shoulder part needs to be slotted on every time making it quite a long job ,which isnt too bad while at home but a bit of a pain when youre out and about and tryin to get them back in quickly,so im going to watch your thread and see if anyone has any better ideas,
if you dont mind taking a few extra mins loading up then this hauck is great

nipper
31-01-2013, 06:38 PM
I like the look of that! Thanks:thumbsup:

zippy
31-01-2013, 07:38 PM
My friend has an obaby,def not one handed, feels front heavy and awkward to steer, phil and teds all the way for me

Loushah
31-01-2013, 08:22 PM
I have an obaby tandem, I absolutely love it's versatility that both children can face you, away from you or each other, can put car seats on it, the children have plenty of room and have a good view, It's got a big shopping basket and flattens down so is easy to get in and out of the car.

However, it would be difficult to steer with one hand, if you are holding a toddlers hand (I make my walkers hold onto the pushchair, if they won't you could maybe use a wrist restraint?) it is long in length so not good for public transport really.

Hth

kel1983
31-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I see Graco have a similar pushchair as the Phil and Ted. Came across it in the argos book

Buy Graco Trekko Duo Sport Luxe Tandem Pushchair - Black at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Pushchairs. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9104402.htm)

Not sure Im liking the look of it though

nipper
31-01-2013, 10:23 PM
It does look a bit plastic doesn't it?

Thanks for all your ideas though

KatieFS
31-01-2013, 10:34 PM
I'm considering a new double. The one is have is great but too wide and I struggle to get in and out of home. Do these ones fit in doors ok

smurfette
31-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Can you get lovencare there,, the brand is Europa . Smyths toy stores make it I think and it's much cheaper than a p and t, seems comparable

nipper
31-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Wow murphf, it's very like a P&T isn't it. What stockists are there in Ireland?

smurfette
01-02-2013, 09:25 AM
I think it's smyths toy stores that design it.. You often see them second hand and I have a friend that has one and you can't tell the difference in fact in some ways it seems a bit better! Are u in uk?

nipper
06-02-2013, 12:30 PM
Yes (sorry for delay replying)