PDA

View Full Version : to contact parent or not?

leeanne910
31-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Ok i had a parent come friday to meet me. She already has seen my website and facebook like page and before she came she said she really liked how i done things etc....well she is in college and wanted mon and thu... I could only accomidate the thu as only space i have is a thu and fri...she was going to.use.me for a thu and other minder for a monday....chances are she will send him to the other. Minder both days which i cant blame her...i.be same....but i guess id.like to know still...shall i.contact her? What do i ask?

(sorry bout the dots im using my phone and always get the dot and cant be bothered to.go back and change lol)

littlecheeks
31-01-2013, 10:57 AM
Ok i had a parent come friday to meet me. She already has seen my website and facebook like page and before she came she said she really liked how i done things etc....well she is in college and wanted mon and thu... I could only accomidate the thu as only space i have is a thu and fri...she was going to.use.me for a thu and other minder for a monday....chances are she will send him to the other. Minder both days which i cant blame her...i.be same....but i guess id.like to know still...shall i.contact her? What do i ask?

(sorry bout the dots im using my phone and always get the dot and cant be bothered to.go back and change lol)

personally i dont chase anyone who might or might not get back to me. if they like my service and need me they will almost certainly be in touch.
i would leave it to her to contact you really (but that might just be me) x

emma04
31-01-2013, 02:08 PM
I don't contact, I wait for people to come back to me if they are interested.

Although......I had a lady ask about a space for her lo one day a week. I told her I had a space, posted a prospectus through her door and waited for her to get back to me to arrange a visit........She never got back to me and two months later, after i had offered a full time place to another child and got contracts signed, she saw me in the school payground and said: (half joking/half serious)

'I'm not talking to you, cos you gave my lo's space to my friends little boy!'

I quickly replied with:

'well you didn't get back to me for two months, so i assumed you no longer wanted the space. I don't chase people because in the five years i've been childminding, people who want a space, confirm it quickly and arrange a visit, usually within a few weeks! Hope you manage to find someone!'