PDA

View Full Version : 3 non walkers, whats best

mushpea
31-01-2013, 09:20 AM
I am in the possible situation that I may have 2 1yrolds and 1 8month old, how best to transport them lol

tripple buggy

buggy pod

or other ideas

what do you use and what would you say was best, bearing in mind that budget is very limited!

I want to say yes to the third parent but need to be sure of how I can get the children around, in all other areas I am confident it would work as this would also be on a variation and I would also have a almost 3yrold who is very independant and loves walking. (all current children just one swoping days)

vikkit
31-01-2013, 09:28 AM
I'm in a similar situation but the eldest is nearly but has tendency to run off so it's just safer to strap him in. So I'd be interested in the replies to this too x

sharonh
31-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Hi i have a joovy big caboose which i could only get online. I love mine two seats with a toddler seat / buggy borad on the bad or you can get an extra seat that goes on top of the toddler seat (which is a bench type seat) looks like a train but its the best thing i have brought :-) x

freckleonear
31-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Personally I would go for a double buggy and a sling/carrier. Connectas are very quick and easy to use and can be worn on your front or back.

Mouse
31-01-2013, 10:25 AM
How often would it be that you had all of them?

Unless it's every day I wouldn't get a triple buggy, unless it's the sort that you can take a seat off & convert it to a double when you don;t need the third seat...but they tend to be very expensive. Triples are a pain to store and are very often only needed for a short time until one of the chlidren is walking confidently. Also, if it's a side by side (by side!) triple you have to think about how you would get it through gates, on narrow pavements etc. The plus side is they do often sell well once you have finished with them.

I like the buggypod on a tandem buggy, but only a 4 wheeler, not a 3 wheeler as it can make them unsteady. The advantage is you can unclip it, or fold it out of the way when you don't need it.

You could look at a Seat-to-Go, like a buggy board, but the child sits on it. It depends how old your 1yr olds are (ie. are they only just 1, or nearer 18mths). Again, it can be taken off if you don't need it.

A sling or carrier is a good idea, but it depends whether or not you are used to using one. They can be tricky to get on by yourself and are not always easy if you've got 3 other children to look after as well. If you've used one before though & are comfortable with it, it's a great option. There are some lovely slings & carriers out there, though some can be quite pricey. And of course it depends on the size/weight of the children. I currently mind an 3yr old who weighs the same as the 2yr old. I really wouldn't fancy carrying him, pushing a double buggy & having a toddler walking!