PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting. What to charge?

samsstars
31-01-2013, 09:12 AM
I have been asked to babysit of Saturday night for one of my families. It would involve giving the lo their dinner and putting him to bed. They need me from 5.30pm til at least midnight.
My usual childminding rate is £5 p/hr.
I'm struggling with a figure for babysitting... Would ou just charge your usual c.minding rate?
Thanks. Sam :)

Cygnet
31-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I do babysitting and charge 6.00 per hour and 7.00 after midnight, they have always been happy to pay this price.

Hope this helps you :)

Maxine

shortstuff
02-02-2013, 07:09 AM
I have to say I would not charge my cm rate as this would be outside your normal hours. Have a look at google and see if you can find a going rate in your area maybe?

sophieg
02-02-2013, 07:34 AM
I have been asked to babysit of Saturday night for one of my families. It would involve giving the lo their dinner and putting him to bed. They need me from 5.30pm til at least midnight.
My usual childminding rate is £5 p/hr.
I'm struggling with a figure for babysitting... Would ou just charge your usual c.minding rate?
Thanks. Sam :)

I charge £4.50 cm and for babysitting I charge £7/hr.i don't bs any of my mindees as yet but if I did that's wat I'd charge,I babysit with sitters mainly and a few private ones. Hope that helps x

SammySplodger
02-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I'm planning on doing babysitting, but only if it's worth my while. I'm charging my usual 'out if hours' rate of £7.50 ph with a minimum charge if £30 a babysitting session. I'm not prepared to give up a free evening away from my family for less than £30.