PDA

View Full Version : Newbie courses

vikkit
31-01-2013, 07:26 AM
Can anyone suggest any courses to go on??? Online would be good?

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 09:56 PM
Are you registered or just interested in becoming a childminder? If you are thinking about becoming a childminder you will need to contact your local council in order to go on their 10 week course which is basically an introduction to childminding (with homework). This has to be done in order to become registered though. Then theres paediatric first aid, which again you must have before your pre-registration visit from OFSTED. Safeguarding and Food Hygiene are other courses you will need to do but I was told they could be done upto 6 months after registration. I did them before just incase though. Virtual College - Welcome to the Virtual College (http://www.virtualcollege.ac.uk/) is a good site as they have lots of courses, you can do them all online and even print off your own certificate so the courses are a bit cheaper :D they are all accredited. Hope that helps

TAZ
09-02-2013, 10:40 PM
NCMA run e-courses
Check your local council for training courses, you may need to be registered with them first.

vikkit
10-02-2013, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the replies. I'm already registered and booked onto some council run courses x