PDA

View Full Version : Parent info

sprinkles
30-01-2013, 08:56 PM
Do you have leaflets with parent info or do you just have a pack made up that they can look through when they come to meet you? I can't decide whether to make a leaflet they can take away or just make up a pack with all my p&ps, info about me, things we will do etc that they can look through and then email the stuff over to them or give them a copy of the pack once they have signed contracts with me.

What do you all do?

rosebud
30-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Do you have leaflets with parent info or do you just have a pack made up that they can look through when they come to meet you? I can't decide whether to make a leaflet they can take away or just make up a pack with all my p&ps, info about me, things we will do etc that they can look through and then email the stuff over to them or give them a copy of the pack once they have signed contracts with me.

What do you all do?

I have a leaflet that I give them to take away on their first visit. It provides a summary of my service; info on fees, mealtimes, activities, and a simplified version of my complaints, safeguarding and sickness policies. I tried to answer most of the questions that first time parents ask at the first visit within it. It has all of my contact information and my Ofsted number which I point out to them and explain how to find my report on Ofsteds website. Its useful for them to take away - if they've forgotten to ask anything, and is a good reminder of which childminder I was if they're visiting several. I think it gives a professional first impression.

sprinkles
30-01-2013, 09:41 PM
I have a leaflet that I give them to take away on their first visit. It provides a summary of my service; info on fees, mealtimes, activities, and a simplified version of my complaints, safeguarding and sickness policies. I tried to answer most of the questions that first time parents ask at the first visit within it. It has all of my contact information and my Ofsted number which I point out to them and explain how to find my report on Ofsteds website. Its useful for them to take away - if they've forgotten to ask anything, and is a good reminder of which childminder I was if they're visiting several. I think it gives a professional first impression.

That's what I thought. What size is your leaflet? I'm really not creative so was looking at them on vista print but they're expensive :eek: