PDA

View Full Version : What to expect? First visit from development worker

freckleonear
30-01-2013, 05:16 PM
I've got my first visit from my development worker tomorrow. Just wondering if anyone can give me any idea what to expect? I won't be minding at the time, it'll just be my own two children at home. Is there any paperwork I should get ready to show her?

loocyloo
30-01-2013, 05:42 PM
i can't remember what my DO wanted to see on her first visit :blush: but i know that on assorted visits i have shown her my planning, a LJ, daily diary and she had a look at my portfolio with all my policies in it, plus info about me, training i have done etc and i do remember her ticking things of on a list! i remember her looking round the house at her first visit and then at a later visit she needed to see me interacting with a minded child. ( when she first came i didn't have any mindees as i had moved! )

i am sure she will just want to chat and find out about you/tell you what is expected etc and probably will want to have a look at paperwork.

xxx

sarah707
30-01-2013, 05:44 PM
She should be there to give you help and advice and support - my DW is lovely and always leaves me with a new idea or suggestion for the future.

Just have everything organised so you can find things easily if she wants to llook at them and a pad and pen in case you want to write things down :D