PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to watch a child before being registered

tinks carer
30-01-2013, 05:07 PM
But not get paid for it ,

I'm still none the wiser as when I will get the call for Ofsted to come out I have been waiting months now when I call I get told they are working on it

But I have been asked to look after a child but just wondered if I'm not getting pd would this be ok ?

toddlers896
30-01-2013, 05:43 PM
But not get paid for it ,

I'm still none the wiser as when I will get the call for Ofsted to come out I have been waiting months now when I call I get told they are working on it

But I have been asked to look after a child but just wondered if I'm not getting pd would this be ok ?

I did it from the childs house as I didnt have my insurance or registration through and didnt want to loose my registration before i got it. If i can remember right its ok to be paid that way but you cant do it from your own house for a fee. Ime not sure if ive got that right so you better check. It was over a year ago when i started.

sarah707
30-01-2013, 05:53 PM
You won't be insured - so it's not worth the risk.

The best way is to go and babysit at the child's house.

However, on another note - Ofsted normally visit within a month or so of receiving the paperwork. What is holding them up? Can you call and find out and sort it?

Hope it doesn't take much longer for you! :D

tinks carer
30-01-2013, 06:06 PM
You won't be insured - so it's not worth the risk.

The best way is to go and babysit at the child's house.

However, on another note - Ofsted normally visit within a month or so of receiving the paperwork. What is holding them up? Can you call and find out and sort it?

Hope it doesn't take much longer for you! :D

They have been following up the social services crb checks but when I call they say they are working on it I understand they have to be very certain I'm ok for the title but ,one lady was very rude as well basicly gave me a telling off for keeping on ringing them :(
Tbh I feel very disheartened by it all and if I haven't got anywhere with them by march will be thinking of not bothering anymore ( I have been waiting since last August ) completed all course before last July so I have been on a waiting game since then ...
:(

Rick
30-01-2013, 07:43 PM
They have been following up the social services crb checks but when I call they say they are working on it I understand they have to be very certain I'm ok for the title but ,one lady was very rude as well basicly gave me a telling off for keeping on ringing them :(
Tbh I feel very disheartened by it all and if I haven't got anywhere with them by march will be thinking of not bothering anymore ( I have been waiting since last August ) completed all course before last July so I have been on a waiting game since then ...
:(

This sounds like a ridiculous amount of time tbh. I finished my course at exactly the same time as you. I couldn't imagine still waiting to have my pre-reg inspection. I'm thinking about my next inspection now. Ofsted do need to be chased up as I was waiting for my certificate only to be told they were waiting for confirmation that I had done my first aid which the inspector checked while she was here.

Hope you don't have to wait too much longer, don't give up :thumbsup: