PDA

View Full Version : How Much Would You Charge?

Rick
30-01-2013, 02:24 PM
My childminding freind has the following to charge for:

2 siblings, one at school, one at preschool

7:45am to 9am before school, then drop off.

pick up then 3pm to 6pm until pick up.

Plus evening meal.

At £4.50 an hour this is a combined £38.25 which sounds too much

Any ideas? :D

shortstuff
30-01-2013, 02:33 PM
I would say it depends whether your friend normally charges while lo's are at school? If they do i would say that is cheap :-)

Rick
30-01-2013, 02:36 PM
I would say it depends whether your friend normally charges while lo's are at school? If they do i would say that is cheap :-)

I don't think she will charge while at school. The one in full time education would not take up a full time space, the other one would though.

westbrom44
30-01-2013, 02:41 PM
I would be charging 11 hours x hourly rate for pre school child and 5 hours x hourly rate for school child which would be £56 as I charge £3.50 per hour. I charge when child is at pre school and charge for a whole hour. I dont offer sibling discounts either.

shortstuff
30-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Then i would suggest she charges accordingly? Full day for the littlie n either side for the older one. Hth :-)

Rick
30-01-2013, 02:44 PM
I would be charging 11 hours x hourly rate for pre school child and 5 hours x hourly rate for school child which would be £56 as I charge £3.50 per hour. I charge when child is at pre school and charge for a whole hour. I dont offer sibling discounts either.

If she did that at £4.50, her hourly rate, that would be £1656 a month for wrap around care! Pretty sure parent wouldn't entertain that!

FussyElmo
30-01-2013, 02:53 PM
If she did that at £4.50, her hourly rate, that would be £1656 a month for wrap around care! Pretty sure parent wouldn't entertain that!

I wouldnt mind earning that.

Is the one at preschool foing till 3 as well if yes then me fees would be £70 each a week. I dont do evening meals though so that would have to discuss.

Oh before you all come on saying thats cheap those are my rates for the area I am in where you lucky parents go to work :(

Rick
30-01-2013, 03:29 PM
I wouldnt mind earning that.

Is the one at preschool foing till 3 as well if yes then me fees would be £70 each a week. I dont do evening meals though so that would have to discuss.

Oh before you all come on saying thats cheap those are my rates for the area I am in where you lucky parents go to work :(

Yes till 3 I think. I've let her know people's views

Thanks everyone :D