PDA

View Full Version : Do you charge

jashol
30-01-2013, 02:06 PM
Do any of you charge for collecting a child from home and taken them back ? Do you charge this as petrol 45 p? In my policy it states I review my fees on the 1 st of sept however I'm having to move and the home is 20 min away from the children who are normally dropped off by parents however they don't drive and I'd be out of pocket can I change this or would you advise to wait until 1 st of sept to do this only thing is 3 days a week on the mornings I'd be traveling at 7am then back home to travel back at 9.30

catlyn
30-01-2013, 02:12 PM
I was told I couldnt charge parents for pick ups and drop offs as I would then become a taxi service???? not sure if this is true but I just put the miles in my diary and add them to all the other journeys I do and charge the parents for the time rather than the petrol

TAZ
30-01-2013, 02:15 PM
You could start charging for this time but you would need to give sufficient notice.
In my personal opinion I would not be surprised if they are unhappy with this as it is you moving, not their choice, they probably chose you because you are local & they can walk to you as they don't drive. Charging will add a significant increase to their rate as they are only with you a few hours, I think if it was me I'd then look for a new local childminder.
A childminder friend of mine was in a similar situation, she chose to collect & drop off the children on her time or else she would have lost out on their business.

jashol
30-01-2013, 02:19 PM
Thank you guys ! Some of the children are with me 10 hours a day others are not one so far 1 parent pays for my time and I may lose one doing the charges from when I move ! It a hard choice to make :( or just wait until sept ?