PDA

View Full Version : Childminder refresher course needed?

Isadex1012
30-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Hi,

I completed my childminder course approx 2 years ago, after the course I didnt continue and register with ofsted but returned to my old job. I have recently had a second child and wish to start up a childminding business, whilst I am at home. I know that the qualification I gained is valid for 3 years but was wondering if there were any refresher courses that I would need to take to inform me of any changes in the last 2 years before I apply to ofsted.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

lisbet
30-01-2013, 01:22 PM
I think you would at least need to do a session on the revised EYFS 2012, but I guess your best bet would be to contact your local childminding support team/ Ofsted and see what they say :)

sarah707
30-01-2013, 06:08 PM
As lisbet says your local people will be able to help you - you will have to go with their rules.

Don't forget to let us know how you get on! :D

mmichellled
30-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I did mine about 6 months ago and someone suggested to me you have to register within 6 months. I can't find anything anywhere which tells me if i do. I emailed today but am still waiting for a response. I can't believe how disorganised and confusing this system is. Best of luck in finding what you need. Sorry I can't be of any help.