PDA

View Full Version : Free milk

Little Pickles
30-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Just after your experiences really, I have never applied for or claimed free milk for LO' s .
Am I the only one who doesn't do this?
If you do it , how do you do it ? I know that there are different agencies etc that deal with it.
Any advice or experience will be gratefully received ta

Mouse
30-01-2013, 11:15 AM
I buy the milk myself and claim the money back through the NMRU. It's very easy.

You register with them, then each month submit a claim for the money. It's then paid direct to your bank account. To submit a claim I go through my register, see how many chidren I had over the month and put in the cost of the milk.

I've never used an agent to supply my milk and after all the problems there have been lately, I never would!

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html)

AliceK
30-01-2013, 11:35 AM
I was using Scots Milk but after all the hassle lately with duplicate copies of validation emails being sent and them stopping delivering themselves and trying to find me another supplier (and failing) I now just buy it myself and claim it against my expenses. Scots are just a PIA :angry:

xxx

QualityCare
30-01-2013, 12:52 PM
I use cool milk and have never had a problem and no paper work to do just a confirmation e-mail every friday.

Jenna
30-01-2013, 01:46 PM
I did try Scotts milk back in October but they kept giving me problem after problem and i never had any milk. I seen someone on here recommend Cool Milk so i gave them a try hardly any paper work and we've been having milk a month know. It works out great.:D

shortstuff
30-01-2013, 01:49 PM
I use milk4childminders.com. So far so good.

Tazmin68
30-01-2013, 05:41 PM
Hi
I use the mnru and claim online and just buy my milk when I do the usual shop. It is so easily like you after hearing stories about the deliveries I did not go down that route.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-01-2013, 05:42 PM
I buy the milk myself and claim the money back through the NMRU. It's very easy.

You register with them, then each month submit a claim for the money. It's then paid direct to your bank account. To submit a claim I go through my register, see how many chidren I had over the month and put in the cost of the milk.

I've never used an agent to supply my milk and after all the problems there have been lately, I never would!

Nursery Milk (http://www.nurserymilk.co.uk/index.html)

I do the same - never a problem and money in 3 days straight into the bank

migimoo
30-01-2013, 05:51 PM
I use milk4childminders and never had a problem, however they've just changed to another dairy and i've had 2 incidents of no delivery but the dairy insisting they'd delivered...I'm going with 3 strikes and they're out now.

jillplum
31-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Well I am still trying to cancel my milk account with Scotts. 2 e mails and no answer yet?

lizduncan72
31-01-2013, 12:55 PM
I just buy my own and claim through nursery milk-quick and easy!!

lynncjt
31-01-2013, 01:06 PM
I think I need to do this, as my milk requirements vary so much.

hectors house
31-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Scotts stopped delivering my milk in November and have had lots of threatening e-mails saying I haven't completed my validations, when I have in triplicate (to them the NMRU), so changed to Cool Milk in January and as others have said they send a weekly e-mail on a Friday to confirm the about of milk I have received - seems much more efficient but there again only one month in - also I opted to have my free milk delivered from same diary I get my own personal milk from, so I know they are reliable.

jackie 7
31-01-2013, 01:19 PM
I emailed Scott's and said that as I was having so much difficulty getting the cancelation form that they had to take my email as a csncelation form. Ok I was a bit cross in my email. I had those horrible threatening emails and with nook since nov I am pleased to buy my own milk. I just add it too my expenses.

jillplum
31-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Jackie did you get any kind of confirmation back from scotts?

Little Pickles
31-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Thank you all for your responses , I will get around to sorting it out soon :laughing::blush:

nipper
31-01-2013, 04:42 PM
I have been with Scotts for a year now, but am thinking of cancelling...haven't got round to it yet. There was all the hoo haa surrounding validations then the deliveries ceased with absolutely no notification at all. I think it would be easier just to claim back through the NMRU. At least you know you'll never not be without milk when you really need it.

jackie 7
31-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Yes they told me to make sure that I had balidated the last amount. I must find that ail and print it. After all the rubbish I put up with from delivery drivers blaming me for not finding my flat and Scott's never posting me the form.

Helen Dempster
31-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I use cool milk and have never had a problem and no paper work to do just a confirmation e-mail every friday.

Yep, same :)