PDA

View Full Version : ok getting totally confused!!!

jellyelly
29-01-2013, 02:07 PM
I have a parent who is expecting their 2nd child and have asked if I can look after the baby alongside my current mindees who are their son aged 2 and two brothers one aged 3 and one aged 20 months! I thought I could for continuity of care etc etc but with the news today I'm getting myself in a tizz just thinking about it! So can I do it????

Thanks all xxx

dette
29-01-2013, 02:11 PM
either way the answer is yes ..under pressent rules you could under continuity /sibling and under the new anouncment after september you can have 4 anyway without the variation ..you just need to decide if you can manage them all

Rick
29-01-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes anything you do now won't affect you when the proposed changes come into force. As Dette says ratios are set to increase to 4 anyway

helena_j
29-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Hey sorry to jump in I am confused also as thought I couldn't take on 4. I currently have 3 full time early years but have been asked several times by the same parent if I can take on her son which would put me over to 4 early years in the holidays and a couple of hours in the term time.
The boy is same age as my son and other minded child so would be lovely if I could have him:-) in sept my son goes full time to school.

nipper
29-01-2013, 02:37 PM
You might be pretty house bound too, another point to consider. Will the three year old walk? You'd either need a double and a sling or a triple pushchair too.:panic:

dette
29-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Hey sorry to jump in I am confused also as thought I couldn't take on 4. I currently have 3 full time early years but have been asked several times by the same parent if I can take on her son which would put me over to 4 early years in the holidays and a couple of hours in the term time.
The boy is same age as my son and other minded child so would be lovely if I could have him:-) in sept my son goes full time to school.

since september the new eyfs states that for continuity of care and siblings you can go over the usual 3 under 5 ,you can take your LO's brother providing your total of under 8's doesnt exceed 6 children

ive just edited to say ,i miss read and thought the new child was a sibling,as new buisnes its not allowed yet ,until sept

dette
29-01-2013, 02:41 PM
You might be pretty house bound too, another point to consider. Will the three year old walk? You'd either need a double and a sling or a triple pushchair too.:panic:
i would expect a 3 yr old to walk ,all be it at a slow pace but i wouldnt use a pram for a 3yr old

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 02:42 PM

As it stands now no you cant as you are increasing your numbers for new business not as the OP is for continuity of care for the babies brother :thumbsup:

As of sept if the changes are made then yes you probably could :thumbsup:

jellyelly
29-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Thank you all, getting so confused with what's actually going to happen and what isn't and what already has!!

helena_j
29-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks guys an sorry for jumping in too:-)

3 year olds all walk and are great friends so shame we can't but will hold of as son is full time sept anyhow.
Although intend on having out own baby number 2 so guess I will be saving his place for the new addition anyway!