PDA

View Full Version : Ofsted in the dark about proposed ratio changes!

hectors house
29-01-2013, 01:38 PM
I rang Ofsted to ask about my application for my daughter to be my assistant - they said they posted letter on the
11th - I pointed out to them that I wouldn't be ringing to ask about it if I received it!

But then the chap said "is there anything else I can help you with today" - so I said yes, when can I take on all these extra children now it has been announced on the news this morning - he just kept saying you need to refer to the Early years guidance, so I said, it's all changed just been interview with Elizabeth Truss on TV today and nurseries can have double children and we can have extra too - then I said well maybe you need to have a word with Mrs Truss as she also thinks that children should be taught to read and write before they start school and he just can't repeating - refer to EY guidance - it's only just been implemented we aren't going to change it!!!!!

wendywu
29-01-2013, 01:45 PM
I dont think it comes into force until Sep 2013 so Ofsted wont know until 31st August 2013 :laughing:

nipper
29-01-2013, 01:47 PM
But then the chap said "is there anything else I can help you with today" -

Oh God, I bet he really resented asking that question didn't he? Poor chap was probably in tears.:laughing:

bunyip
29-01-2013, 01:51 PM
I think Ofsted now have a fully automated telephone response system. You put a question in one end and get "refer to EYFS" out the other.

Liz Truss is programmed along similar lines, only with her you put a £134,565 p.a. salary in one end and get a constant stream of BS mixed with useless platitudes out the other. :rolleyes:

LauraS
29-01-2013, 01:55 PM
I dont think it comes into force until Sep 2013 so Ofsted wont know until 31st August 2013 :laughing:

I admire.your optimism ;)

nipper
29-01-2013, 01:57 PM
HahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHa haHaha:pHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHahaHa haHahaHahaHahaHaha:D

FussyElmo
29-01-2013, 02:22 PM
E Truss has probably not told ofsted of all the new improvements - oh yes is that now they have to change the legisitration which has only been in force for 5 months it usually lasts the election cycle :laughing:

freckleonear
29-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I think Ofsted now have a fully automated telephone response system. You put a question in one end and get "refer to EYFS" out the other.

Liz Truss is programmed along similar lines, only with her you put a £134,565 p.a. salary in one end and get a constant stream of BS mixed with useless platitudes out the other. :rolleyes:

You just made my day. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Ripeberry
29-01-2013, 03:15 PM
I feel a nursery song coming on..Head, shoulders, knees and toes. The rest gets too rude...

bunyip
29-01-2013, 07:55 PM
E Truss has probably not told ofsted of all the new improvements - oh yes is that now they have to change the legisitration which has only been in force for 5 months it usually lasts the election cycle :laughing:

I do hope she tells them the bit about needing to improve the standard of inspection.

[Fill in the missing implication of why they need to improve.] :D