PDA

View Full Version : Conjunctivitis

ruby
29-01-2013, 12:16 PM
just a quick question can you exclude if your Mindee has this

thank Cathy

mazza58
29-01-2013, 12:22 PM
I was informed that you don't need to exclude them now as some doctors don't even treat it as they say sometimes it just clears up on its own

tas
29-01-2013, 12:37 PM
Personally yes I exclude until eyes are no longer weeping as it is very contagious and I don’t want to be cleaning/bathing eyes (Yuk!) I also don’t like the idea of child wiping their eyes then touching toys and another child having to handle/mouth that toy.
Although strangely guidelines say you don’t have to exclude :rolleyes:

Tazmin68
29-01-2013, 12:43 PM
I go my the local health authority which say do not exclude. But I do then advise other parents that I have a child attending with it and that way either parents of the mindee who has it can decide if to send or not and the others can do the same if child attends.

hectors house
29-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I don't exclude for this or hand foot & mouth and just by following strict hand hygiene and only putting out toys that can be sprayed with anti bac I have never had any one else catch it. I am happy to put in drops as long as I don't have to sit on child to apply (as one mum demonstated how she put them in many years ago)!

tashaleee
29-01-2013, 01:05 PM
I do exclude and I have a Policy in place to state this and all parents are fully aware before they sign with me that no under 5 will be admitted with it :thumbsup:

ruby
29-01-2013, 01:20 PM
thank you all will pass your replies on to my friend
she would prefer to exclude but as parent is a school teacher and the school does not exclude she was not sure what to do

cathy

LauraS
29-01-2013, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't normally, have never had it.spread between children before. However, had a really awful spate of.it just before Christmas which seemed far.more contagious than usual - despite being scrupulous with hygiene it did spread, and I had it twice in both eyes. It was very painful and affected my sight for about a week, and I had a couple of days where everything further than three.feet away was.a.blur. We were all on antibiotics as it was a severe.case.

I wouldn't exclude automatically as its not normally so.severe, but if it was ever like that again I would.