PDA

View Full Version : please help me understand ratios!!!!!!!

kindredspirits
25-06-2008, 06:41 PM
:huh: so i know it used to be i can have 2 full timers under 5 plus my son, its the older ones i don't get anymore. what age can i take after schoolers from without messing up my full timers?????
:confused:

katickles
25-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Ok i'm registered for 2 under 5, only 1 of these can be under 1 year.

3 children aged 5 -8

I am also able to care for over 8's, my insurance allows upto 12 I think but then the care for these mustn't impare that of the under 8's - if that makes sence?

sue32
25-06-2008, 06:47 PM
It does depend on what ofsted numbers you have. I am allowed 6 children on which no more than 3 can be under 5, but i can have all 6 children to be over 5 if I want but what I have in september will be 3 children under 5 and 2 over 5 so well with in my ofsted numbers

kindredspirits
25-06-2008, 06:51 PM
sorry perhaps i'm not making sense i understand the current ratios, its all the eyfs nonsense about 5th birthdays that stumps me x

katickles
25-06-2008, 06:52 PM
Oh sorry - can't help there were all waiting to read that answer in black & white from Ofsted.

Sorry :)

Pauline
25-06-2008, 06:57 PM
sorry perhaps i'm not making sense i understand the current ratios, its all the eyfs nonsense about 5th birthdays that stumps me x

You means the rising 5's?

This is where a child, who is in full time school yet still aged 4, is currently counted as a 5 year old for your ratios.

The EYFS has changed this so that there is no rising 5's option - however, I have been told just today, by NCMA staff, that there is still consultation about this and it is hightly likely to be changed back.

So we don't know as yet what it will be.

Hope that helps :)

kindredspirits
25-06-2008, 07:26 PM
thanks pauline!! :thumbsup: my brain is on strike i think because my son has decided sleep is for wimps and has slept a total of about 10 hours in the past 4 days!!! :angry: