PDA

View Full Version : Child care mandatory fee?

jadavi
29-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Dies anyone have any idea what maximum fee is going to be set by Eliza truss if she is going to raise the ratio and oblige us to lower our fees?
Anyone read anything?

silvermist
29-01-2013, 08:41 AM
I havent heard anything but I dont see how she can dictate to us what our fees should be! We are self employed so set our own fees, and Im sure we all work for much less than the national minimum wage anyway.:) xx

Tazmin68
29-01-2013, 10:06 AM
But our ratios are not being increased. And as we are self employed I cannot see how it could be done.

Tazmin68
29-01-2013, 12:58 PM
It is on nursery world website. We would pay to join network, they provide training and insurance etc deal with the 2 and 3 year old funding and parents pay them and then they pay us. I cannot see how that will work.

sarah707
29-01-2013, 07:32 PM
It is on nursery world website. We would pay to join network, they provide training and insurance etc deal with the 2 and 3 year old funding and parents pay them and then they pay us. I cannot see how that will work.

Yes if you are in an agency then the agency sets the fee, gets you the work, tells you what to do, inspects you ... and you get a percentage of your income when they've collected it and taken their cut.

All good stuff eh!?! :ohdear:

Tazmin68
29-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Sarah I think we do need to do something to make a point that we are self employed and do not want to be forced down the agency route. And as the agency takes a fee then there could be an impact in fees going up which is what patents do not want to happen.

appleblossom
29-01-2013, 07:46 PM
Sarah I think we do need to do something to make a point that we are self employed and do not want to be forced down the agency route. And as the agency takes a fee then there could be an impact in fees going up which is what patents do not want to happen.

We don't have to join an agency. It's only new child minders who have to. We can remain independent and still be inspected by Ofsted.

Tazmin68
29-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes it may be optional at the moment but you can guess eventually they would make it so that all would have to comply.