PDA

View Full Version : Ha ha toilet seat recommendations please!!

Porridge
28-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Any experts out there?

I'm serious!!

since I've been minding, I have been averaging 3 - 4 new toilet seats per year! That can't be right, surely?!!!

I've tried most sorts. I try to keep the cost down, but have been known to spend £30+ (maybe I should be spending more???!) but usually around £15 - 20.

Plastic ones in this price range seem really low quality, wooden ones seem to split, the last one I bought (recommended to me by a very expensive bathroom shop!) was wooden with a white plastic coating, and now the coating is disintegrating and the tiny patches of wood showing through can look quite suspicious! I've bought slow close ones and the slow close mechanism seems to break within a few weeks...

I'm not 100% sure exactly what my mindees do to cause so much damage!!!???

My bathroom has a simple white suite, and wouldn't suit any kind of novelty seat - I'm looking for a 'normal' or maybe victorian looking seat for my loo. I just thought I'd ask as you have all been so helpful in the past! Any recommendations for me?

I have seen the ones with the toddler seat incorporated and some of those look quite good... :blush:

TAZ
28-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Any experts out there?

I'm serious!!

since I've been minding, I have been averaging 3 - 4 new toilet seats per year! That can't be right, surely?!!!

I've tried most sorts. I try to keep the cost down, but have been known to spend £30+ (maybe I should be spending more???!) but usually around £15 - 20.

Plastic ones in this price range seem really low quality, wooden ones seem to split, the last one I bought (recommended to me by a very expensive bathroom shop!) was wooden with a white plastic coating, and now the coating is disintegrating and the tiny patches of wood showing through can look quite suspicious! I've bought slow close ones and the slow close mechanism seems to break within a few weeks...

I'm not 100% sure exactly what my mindees do to cause so much damage!!!???

My bathroom has a simple white suite, and wouldn't suit any kind of novelty seat - I'm looking for a 'normal' or maybe victorian looking seat for my loo. I just thought I'd ask as you have all been so helpful in the past! Any recommendations for me?

I have seen the ones with the toddler seat incorporated and some of those look quite good... :blush:

What do you do to your toilet seats???????:laughing:
I think we've replaced 1 in the last 14years!

greanan
28-01-2013, 10:56 PM
I went through loads when I first started minding. Got fed up but expensive seats that didnt last long so bought a value type one from Argos, still fine a year later

louni
29-01-2013, 01:04 PM
I recently bought this one from Argos Buy Keter Toilet Trainer at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for Baby toilet seats. (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3768837.htm) I can honestly say it is one of the handiest pieces of equipment I have ever bought. It also folds away when not in use. Worth a try :) x

Cottonsocks
29-01-2013, 01:18 PM
We bought this one a few years ago: Buy your Family Seat All-in-One Adult & Child Gloss White Toilet Seat reviews from Kiddicare Potties and Training| Online baby shop | Nursery Equipment (http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplay0_10751_-1_92045_10001)
Best buy for definite. So much easier as far as toilet training goes. So far so good, it's still in one piece!

QualityCare
29-01-2013, 01:21 PM
Do you mean a toilet seat to fit the toilet not a child seat, we have had the same problem they don't fit properly wood splits etc etc and have come across this Bemis Toilet Seat Statite Fastening System - White. 833/5777 from argos its the best we have had expensive but worth it.

hectors house
29-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Do you mean a toilet seat to fit the toilet not a child seat, we have had the same problem they don't fit properly wood splits etc etc and have come across this Bemis Toilet Seat Statite Fastening System - White. 833/5777 from argos its the best we have had expensive but worth it.

I haven't looked this one up in Argos book but my friend who used to mind had a Bemis seat that could be used by adults with a full sized hole in it, then you could fold down a child sized toilet training seat all attached at the back on the normal hinge - it was really good and our local soft play has the same seats.

little chickee
29-01-2013, 04:08 PM
I average 1 new toilet seat every year.
But i have 3 boys plus mindees - boy pee is the most corrosive thing known to man!

Its the hinges that go on mine - no matter how often i clean the boy pee rots through in about a year.

Pixie dust
29-01-2013, 04:22 PM
I average 1 new toilet seat every year.
But i have 3 boys plus mindees - boy pee is the most corrosive thing known to man!

Its the hinges that go on mine - no matter how often i clean the boy pee rots through in about a yea

Same here, 1 husband and 2 boys ...it's always the hinges that go.

amanda1309
29-01-2013, 04:32 PM
NextStep® Built-in Potty Seat™, Easy•Clean & Change™ Hinges by Bemis is a really good seat.

mrstom
29-01-2013, 04:36 PM
Same here, 1 husband and 2 boys ...it's always the hinges that go.

Me too! Husband, two boys and manky hinges. And don't get me started on wet patches on the seat in the middle of the night!