PDA

View Full Version : how to impress

mushpea
28-01-2013, 09:18 PM
parent came tonight to sign contracts , orginaly she wanted a thursday but when she was filling out the contract she filled out hours in Mondays area as shes now put him in nursery on a thursday, I said thats fine as i have the space then she said she dosent know wether to choose a nursery or a childminder so shes trying both to see what shes happy with, she told me this after signing the contract , she then said depending on what happens at nursery she may want me on a thursday but will let me know so i explained I may not have a thursday by then which she looked a bit shocked at but i have other people visiting so not going to hold a space for nothing.
so now I see this as a challenge, think shes going to be a pain in the ** but I want to win lol, so how do I impress her, how do I make her want me over a nursery

KatieFS
28-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Hey mushy pea! Personally I would feel a little messed about if a parent did that to me.
Nursery and childminders are totally different and it's a bit cheeky she is almost playing you off against one! I'd explain the differences between the options, why parents sign with you. I wouldn't hold any place for her, could be a predictor of things to come!! Good luck

Rick
28-01-2013, 09:34 PM
My question is, if she's going to be such a pain in the posterior, could you do without her altogether? If someone comes for a viewing I want them to want me, I wouldn't want to be part of an experiment!

If you do choose to go with her, then just be yourself, do what you normally do and if that's good enough for her then great, if not she can get lost! :thumbsup:

nipper
28-01-2013, 09:37 PM
Sounds like aright one to me...as if a nursery would let her have the place for her son, only for her to turn round and send him elsewhere.
Go with your gut instinct and like the good Rick_Knight so succinctly speculates I wouldn't have the patience to see 'if' she makes up her mind.
Just check she actually has signed on the dotted line.

mushpea
28-01-2013, 09:45 PM
it did really miff me to say the least but work is thin on the ground and childminders are many here so I dont want to turn her away and if it means a few extra quid for a couple of weeks then great but I am not happy with how she has gone about this, trouble is I am a sucker fro a challenge so i am determind to win lol although if I dont then hey ho I am not fussed, if she likes me she does, shes already choosen me over half dozen other childminders some of which are friends so i must be doing somthing right to begin with, hopefully as dad will be dropping and collecting and hes more relaxed things will go ok.

Lilylulu
28-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Has this woman even considered the effect on her little one, sending her from pillar to post. Sounds like trouble to me!

blue bear
28-01-2013, 09:52 PM
I had a mum send her lo to me and nursery (not same circumstances as you) after three weeks mu moved lo totally to me.
The reasons being:
I did a daily diary which nursery did not
It was always me at the door, with the nursery chi,d got handed I er to various different staff
Low numbers at mine, lo made a friend very quickly versus large group at nursery
I took lots of photos which I shared in the daily diary and lj.
My meals were freshly cooked around child's tastes, nursery had mum take in a packed lunch.

Maybe do some investigating about nursery see what the difference is between you and them and emphasise them to mum.

Rick
28-01-2013, 09:53 PM
it did really miff me to say the least but work is thin on the ground and childminders are many here so I dont want to turn her away and if it means a few extra quid for a couple of weeks then great but I am not happy with how she has gone about this, trouble is I am a sucker fro a challenge so i am determind to win lol although if I dont then hey ho I am not fussed, if she likes me she does, shes already choosen me over half dozen other childminders some of which are friends so i must be doing somthing right to begin with, hopefully as dad will be dropping and collecting and hes more relaxed things will go ok.

Yes I think it's always worth taking on a mindee on few hours as it often turns into more. My 8 month old mindees mum who works free lance at home only wanted 4 hours, 2 days a week. The first day she was asking for more hours as she came to collect saying she just got a load of work in. She was one who initially chose a nursery but on LOs first day at nursery she was at my house having a viewing instead saying she just couldn't do it.......good choice! :thumbsup: