PDA

View Full Version : LJ Not available inspection this week & SEF info

SammyL
28-01-2013, 07:35 PM
Hi,

I've got my inspection this week & one of my mindees is on holiday & has her LJ with her - will Ofsted pull me up on this??

Also, i've not filled in my SEF - should I? I was going to wait until I had been 6 months x

sarah707
28-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Ofsted normally only want to see the LJs for children who are with you on the day - so you should be ok with that one.

Self evaluation is a daily thing - you do something and you look back on it and consider what went well and improvements for next time.

it links to activities with the children, how you handle parent comments, updating paperwork - every area of your provision.

Make a quick action plan - this is what I do now and this is how I want to improve. Show the inspector you are thinking about the future.

Good luck - and don't forget to give our members feedback afterwards! :D

Rick
28-01-2013, 07:55 PM
They would rather see it but it's not your fault. Again they would rather see a SEF but you don't have to do one. You do though have to show how out reflect on your provision.

I haven't done mine yet either. It's in the back of my mind, only been 3 and a bit months but won't be long if yours is happening before 6 months

moggy
28-01-2013, 07:57 PM
If you have time I would do the SEF, I found it very useful and the inspector literally cut and paste large sections into my report, it meant I felt in control and had answered a lot of the questions before they came.

Rick
28-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Ofsted normally only want to see the LJs for children who are with you on the day - so you should be ok with that one.

Self evaluation is a daily thing - you do something and you look back on it and consider what went well and improvements for next time.

it links to activities with the children, how you handle parent comments, updating paperwork - every area of your provision.

Make a quick action plan - this is what I do now and this is how I want to improve. Show the inspector you are thinking about the future.

Good luck - and don't forget to give our members feedback afterwards! :D

Oh yes of course.....any idea what time frame Ofsted are working to with first graded inspections?

Oh and good luck Sammy :thumbsup:

Lilylulu
28-01-2013, 08:04 PM
The fact that the LJ goes home is a point in your favour - a lot of CMs dont let them go home - good for you for sharing it with the families :) Tell the inspector that you don't have them all and why. Good Luck. Do your SEF and print it out for her to read when she gets there. xx

miffy
28-01-2013, 10:59 PM
Good luck Sammy, hope it goes well for you

Miffy xx

SammyL
28-01-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks everyone - I actually feel sick with worry!

I've always been very confident that I don't write my planning down yet as I feel my little ones are to young - 3 part time 2 under 1 & 1 just turned but now wish I had done some :/

miffy
28-01-2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks everyone - I actually feel sick with worry!

I've always been very confident that I don't write my planning down yet as I feel my little ones are to young - 3 part time 2 under 1 & 1 just turned but now wish I had done some :/

Don't worry - talk to the inspector about how you follow the children's interests and show him/her photographs of the "experiences" you offer the children and how they link to the eyfs etc.

You'll be fine, honest

Miffy xx