PDA

View Full Version : Baby monitors

greanan
28-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Can anyone suggest a good baby monitor that won't break the bank? Managed to break mine today :-(

sarah707
28-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Oops!

Mine is just a standard one from Argos I think it was.

My friend has a movement and sound sensor and always tells me how much better it is than mine :laughing:

greanan
28-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Looked at the sound and movement ones but wasnt sure if they were worth the extra? Mine was just a simple one but sound wasnt that great on it. Hard to hear anything on it before they started crying ( which I can hear without monitor lol!!)

amirose
28-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I have the summer touch screen video and movement monitor, very expensive (£100+) but worth every last penny!
I can move the camera around the room, which as I have more then one child sleeping in there is a necessity, zoom in which is great when I can't work out if their eyes are open or shut (lol), the sound is perfect and there is a talkback feature too so I can actually say "Its nap time, lay down and go to sleep please" without having to actually get up and go to them :)
Some of the cheaper video monitors have really terrible picture quality and are not worth having but if you get a good one you will never understand how you managed without being able to see them!

greanan
28-01-2013, 10:36 PM
I have the summer touch screen video and movement monitor, very expensive (£100+) but worth every last penny!
I can move the camera around the room, which as I have more then one child sleeping in there is a necessity, zoom in which is great when I can't work out if their eyes are open or shut (lol), the sound is perfect and there is a talkback feature too so I can actually say "Its nap time, lay down and go to sleep please" without having to actually get up and go to them :)
Some of the cheaper video monitors have really terrible picture quality and are not worth having but if you get a good one you will never understand how you managed without being able to see them!

I like the idea of being able to see them. Even with monitor on I still seem to go up and check on them a few times lol