PDA

View Full Version : how much longer do you think??

suziealderton
28-01-2013, 05:53 PM
Hi everyone!,

Have applied to ofsted and today have sent off my medical form, crb and identify confirmation thingy! How long will it now take do you think to be up and running??

Thankyou x

Rick
28-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi everyone!,

Have applied to ofsted and today have sent off my medical form, crb and identify confirmation thingy! How long will it now take do you think to be up and running??

Thankyou x

They may come and inspect in the next 6 to 8 weeks or so and then you could have your certificate a week later.

To be actually up and running (if you don't have children lined up) could take a few weeks or months. You might be lucky, depends heavily on number of childminders in your area etc. You will have to get advertising as soon as possible (you are allowed to do this before your registration but you can't start minding).

HTH :D

Kiddleywinks
28-01-2013, 08:06 PM
Have you completed your training and first aid too?

squeely wheely
28-01-2013, 08:17 PM
I would recommend now you've sent all off to ofsted get everything else rolling that you need to start minding including courses, resources, paperwork! Menus, etc... Because this takes longer than you think. Ofsted have 12 weeks to register you. Mine took the full 12 weeks because of some admin error with the local council delaying the social services check. But it can take just a few weeks. Best think to do is keep calling them, find out the progress of your application.

Good luck!

CathyAmy
30-01-2013, 03:33 PM
My pre-reg visit was 10 weeks after I first applied on the Ofsted website - they wanted to come on the 2nd January - but put them off until the week after as daughter was still on school hols. I rang a few times to see how my application was progressing - it was the social services check they were waiting for. They told me they aim to complete in 12 weeks.

lisbet
30-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Yep, mine took 12 weeks because they had to send a reminder to the local authority for the social care checks.

I'd second what pp aid about booking Paediatric First Aid etc because they get booked up quickly.

Good luck with it! :)

tinks carer
04-02-2013, 06:29 PM
Really 12 weeks for Ofsted to register ??
Is this once they have all documents in their hands ie crb for all over 16 in the house ,health dec , registering forms or once they have received relevant paper work crb checks were finally done beg of November ?
I have been waiting since August since I first put in this paperwork !

And still not heard anything :(?

Rick
04-02-2013, 08:06 PM
Is this once they have all documents in their hands ie crb for all over 16 in the house ,health dec , registering forms or once they have received relevant paper work crb checks were finally done beg of November ?

It should be max 12 weeks from when they receive your application, to when you get our certificate. Ofsted will visit you about 8 weeks into the 12 weeks. You will have had to have sent in your health declaration, done your first aid and sent your crb out.

Give Ofsted a ring. I had an issue that Ofsted didn't have confirmation that I had done my first aid even though the inspector checked this when she was here. My certificate came later that week.

lisbet
04-02-2013, 09:18 PM

For me it was a little over 12 weeks from submitting the application until an inspector came out to visit. Then another 2 for the certificate to arrive (and I think it might have been longer if I hadn't taken Rick_Knight's advice to chase it up. :thumbsup: )

I would definitely phone and ask them. Hope things speed up for you x

kelie
04-02-2013, 09:23 PM
I sent all those off in November and the checks have just come back. Ofsted now have 4 weeks to do my inspection. Eeeek !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Childminding Forum

Traceyx
04-02-2013, 10:36 PM
I applied online on the 4th December. Paid online when they sent my invoice on the 10th December. Sent my crb forms in which all completed with 5 working days and had my pre reg visit a week ago. Got my certificate through today. So in all 8 week for me!

Another thing was that they made sure i had my safeguarding and first aid already in place too before i had my registration visit.. Like others have said i would call them and find out where your application is at!

tinks carer
08-02-2013, 11:42 AM
For me it was a little over 12 weeks from submitting the application until an inspector came out to visit. Then another 2 for the certificate to arrive (and I think it might have been longer if I hadn't taken Rick_Knight's advice to chase it up. :thumbsup: )

I would definitely phone and ask them. Hope things speed up for you x

I have been chasing them up but they seem to be coming up with more stuff they need to enquire about ( my daughter has to do a health dec now due to information on her crb check ) :(

serin
08-02-2013, 10:45 PM
For me what delayed it was the social services response. They were waiting on that for a while. CRB's came back within about 2 weeks.

suziealderton
21-02-2013, 03:28 PM
hi yes, have done everything now. Rang ofsted and everything is back apart from the social services check for my current area. Ofsted said they would chase this now x